Part 31: Yoongi and his Animal

Months had passed and Yoongi was happily creating music under BigHit along with Namjoon and Taehyung. The company decided not to sign with Jungkook and Chan yet since they were still minors. Jungkook was okay to wait but Chan still had to iron out some things with Si-hyuk since his group members were still minors and one of them would be a minor for a while.

Because Yoongi was working with BigHit, he started spending less time at the pack and you ended up over at his apartment. Although you understood that Yoongi was at his apartment for work, he seemed set on avoiding his uncle even though he didn't tell you why. You decided not to ask about it thinking that Yoongi would tell you eventually but when the time of the Harvest Ritual came, you couldn't stop yourself from asking any longer.

"So... tonight is the ritual. Are you excited?" you ask while tying Yoongi's necklace around his neck.

"I'm excited to get this mate thing over with, sure," he smiles, "You'll finally be mine and we don't have to worry about anything anymore."

"Where are we going to go after?"

"After? What do you mean? Aren't we going home?"

"I mean we have to mate after becoming official," you say in a sultry voice while wrapping your arms around him. You pull him close and kiss his lips lightly before pressing your body against him firmly. You didn't want to admit it, but you were really excited for mating. Yoongi doesn't seem to mind the close proximity to you since he grabs your hips and squeezes it.

"You don't have to remind me," he smirks, "I've been looking forward to it for a while now."

"Yeah, so we won't have time to drive back here before the need to mate kicks in."

"Ah...well can't we do it at your place?"

"For my parents and Jungkook to hear?" you tease.

"Where do you think we should go then?"

"I was thinking...the pack house." your fingers trace circles on his chest.

"For my uncle and Taehyung to hear? Wouldn't that be just as bad?"

"They would be expecting it and clear out,"

"No,"

"Why are you avoiding your uncle?" you finally ask.

Yoongi inhales deeply and sighs, "It's complicated."

"Why won't you tell me?"

"It's..." he pauses to think. He supposes there isn't much to lose if he just tells you. He can't really keep it a secret forever and it's not like you would force him to do anything he didn't want to.

"My vision when I fell in the water. It means I'm the next Alpha, but I don't want to be. And uncle keeps insisting I do it."

"Oh..." you nod and take in the information then say, "It's going to be a hard night for us,"

"I'll make it work, yeobo," Yoongi leans down to kiss you before pulling away to leave for the pack.

***

Yoongi ends up being early to Howling Rock for the ritual. He doesn't know if he's excited or nervous but he knows he just wants to get it over with. Since he's early, Yoongi decides to just go up Howling Rock slowly and stay at the top longer than needed to maybe take a nap or something. He ends up laying down and staring at the moon. He silently questions her about her decision for him to be Alpha.

"Hyung," Jungkook pats Yoongi's shoulder, "You must've really been excited."

"I just wanna get it over with. Can I jump now? Before some punks push me off."