29 | The secret circle

-Noah-

After that night, I knew I couldn't keep things to myself. I told Maya how I felt, but I haven't been completely honest.

No, I am not cheating on her or not in love with her. I meant every word I said to Maya that night, and I will leave regret it.

One thing I do regret is planning this lunch meeting with a ruthless person, much more than myself.

I sit in a steel chair waiting for the seat across from me to be taken.
The waitress comes and ask me if I'd like anything to drink, and I respond with a tea is fine.

I wait a few more minutes until I hear the chair legs screech against the tile floor.
Our eyes meet and I feel a heated vomit start rising in my throat.

"Hello Noah, good to see you again."
"Can't say the same, dad."

I decided to meet with my father in private because of the past he has put Maya and I through.
If she ever found out I was seeing my dad, she'll ask too many questions she doesn't need to know the answer to right now.

"How have you been, son? It's been so long." He sweet talks. "I'm fine." "How is Maya and the little one?" He says with a grin on his face.

"They're doing lovely." I say with a hard tone in my voice.
"That's great son." The waitress comes to ask my father if he'd like anything to drink, and he responds with a glass on red wine. It's 2 in the afternoon dad, really?

"Why did you call me?" I ask, wanting to leave as fast as possible.
"I have a offer." Great.
"What is it?" "You can be free of everything. You and Maya live happy ever after." "What's the catch?" I ask. "Give up your company and leadership in the mafia."

He can't be serious. The company and leadership he gave me? "Absolutely not." I respond. "You seriously won't give up a building and dumb group for your family?"
"That building became my empire. I made it better than you ever did. And that dumb group is also my family as well. You won't touch any single one of them."

He leans back into his chair. "Is that how you want things?" He ask, and I just nod.
"That's your choice then son."
His threats have become a everyday thing, one that I know to overcome overtime.

I get up from my seat and try to leave the restaurant when my father wraps his wrinkly fingers around my wrist.
"Send my love to Maya and Luna." He whispers. I pull my wrist and level down to his face.
"Stay the fuck away from my daughter and wife."

"Wife?" My dad jokes. "You could do better son. I haven't seen a ring on her finger since she's gotten back, so I suggest you hurry up before someone snatches her for themselves." He says as he plays with his fork.

"You want to know something I've learned after all these years from you dad?" I ask. "What son?" "Every judgement you say is a confession."

My father has no words because know it's the truth. He could never hide his plans. He loves them too much to keep them to himself, but that's his weakness. His try's so hard to sound intimidating that he always reveals something.

"Thank you for the lunch dad, but I'm not hungry anymore." I say before leaving.
When I open the glass door and walk closer to my car, a figure stands against my car and my heart drops.

"So are you gonna tell me why the fuck you're having lunch with your fucking father?" Maya yells.
Shit.

Thank you for reading today's chapter

I will say that there are only 5-6 chapters left of this story, which will be the end of Noah and Maya's story but don't worry, I have another story in the works so I won't be leaving!

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3