Chapter 9 I'm only guilty when I'm caught

On the third day, Cross and Meiling go to the garden in the morning, the list of gardening chores includes:
-Cut bushes
-Sweep the garden
-Plant the flowers
-Water the flowers

Cross: Sounds easy-ish. What do you want to start with?

Meiling: I'll water the flowers, you go sweep the garden.

Cross: Can't I just use wind magic?

Meiling: The mistress won't like dust to blow in her face when she is having tea outside.

Meiling pointed at Remilia and Sakuya who were sitting on the garden chair watching them both.

Cross: Well then, I better figure out a way to not have them feel any wind, and I know just the thing! More magic~

And so Cross made a barrier around Remilia and Sakuya, which would do nothing but protect them from wind and dust

Sakuya touches the barrier.

Sakuya: What kind of barrier is this?

Cross walks through the barrier, which simply gets pushed out of his way.

Cross: Well, it's a watery gel that's roughly being kept in place via telekinesis. it doesn't get absorbed by anything, so you don't have to worry about your clothes being stained, and it'll make sure that no wind or dust will get near you. As a side effect it also muffles noise a bit.

Sakuya: That sounds very convenient.

Cross: Very.

Meanwhile, with Danmaku...

Danmaku still had to guard the gate because Meiling was busy gardening with Cross, he suddenly saw two fairies flying towards him, Cirno and Daiyousei.

Cirno: Hey! You

Cirno: Hey! You.

Cirno called out to Danmaku.

Danmaku: Can I help you?

Cirno: Where's that gatekeeper? And why are you standing here?

Danmaku: If you're talking about Meiling then she is busy in the mansion and Remilia told me to guard the gate instead.