Chapter 25 Wholesome moment

Cross' thoughts: Since the book only costs about a third of the money, then I should still have more than enough for some food. Question is where, and what?... Is that Sakuya? Yeah, that's Sakuya.

Sakuya was shopping around the village when she saw Cross walking towards her.

Sakuya: Cross?

Cross: Hello Sakuya. What brings you here?

Sakuya: It's afternoon so I'm going shopping to prepare dinner.

Cross: Huh, I was gonna do the same thing. Mind showing me around a bit?

Sakuya led Cross to the village's shopping area, where he saw a variety of food and other stuff being sold around.

Sakuya: Next time you want to shop, go to this part of the village.

Cross: Yeah, I can see why... What would've been on the menu at the Mansion?

Sakuya: I've already memorized all the favorite dishes of everyone in the mansion, so you don't have to worry.

Cross: ...What? I asked because I'm not sure what to make for dinner.

Sakuya: Another thing, Lady Patchouli was a bit mad at you about this morning.

Cross: Cause I drew on her face?

Sakuya: She cried a little after finding out.

Cross:... Tell her that I'll come by tomorrow to make up for it, okay?

Sakuya: I will.

Time skip...

It was getting dark, and Cross was carrying two bags full of food and thinking about what to make for dinner.

Cross' thoughts: I'm feeling something Pizza-ish... I guess I could make little Pizza pockets... And tomorrow some lentil stew...maybe some fresh bread?

Cross got home, he went inside and saw Danmaku and Yukari talking to each other.

Cross: Hello...?

Danmaku: Welcome back, how's shopping?

Cross: Good and terrible. I got everything I wanted and more, but I ran into Sakuya and she told me that Patchy cried a little 'cause I drew on her face...

Danmaku: "glitching sound" You should apologize to her.

Cross: I know...

Yukari: So this is your new home? Looks pretty comfortable.

Danmaku: Thanks to Miss Keine.

Cross: A very nice lady, I must say.

Yukari: Do you two mind if I stay overnight?

Danmaku: Not at all.

Cross: Go ahead.

Cross went into the kitchen to cook dinner, leaving Danmaku and Yukari to talk.