1: The obstacle

It is all chaos, investors start running away after CGP Entertainment announced that the inexperienced 24 year old daughter of Chou Mathew is the new Vice President of the company. Their stock plunges by 6% after the market opens.

CGP is one of the largest entertainment companies based in Seoul, South Korea. It is a home to numerous successful groups and artists with top charting songs. It was on the headline of every news outlet after it was bought by Chou Mathew last year. He agreed with one of the conditions of the CEO, former owner of the company, to keep his position for a year after selling it.

The public tags it as an irresponsible decision. Not only is Tzuyu young and inexperienced, she also didn't attend an art university like most people in other entertainment companies with high positions. Tzuyu went to a boarding school in Switzerland before studying Economics and Statistics in London. That makes her qualification questionable.

Like most of the people working in their company, Jihyo, Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana, Dahyun and Mina of 5mix are all worried about the sudden changes in their company. They've heard about some of the plans that Tzuyu has for the company and their artists.

Learning.

They will attend vocal and dance training, together with world history lessons.

"Why do we need to learn world history? Our fans won't ask about it and they don't talk about it in interviews." Momo whines in a low voice, afraid that their Vice President could accidentally hear her in their dorm.

Jihyo shrugs, "Just do whatever she tells us. We still have 2 years to our contract."

Being a good leader, Jihyo always stays neutral. She has seen Tzuyu once in their company when she was about to go home after her practice. It was 5 in the morning. She heard Tzuyu usually starts her day very early and goes home at exactly 5 in the afternoon.

There are rumors that the young Vice President has weird habits, though nothing has been confirmed yet, she wishes that none of those are worth gossiping about.

"Isn't it weird that we're all older than her? Even Dahyun is one year older than her." Jeongyeon asks while playing with her dog on her lap.

"I know, she's young yet she looks so freaking scary. Have you seen her posture?" Dahyun chimes in. "She doesn't even smile."

"Aish. Don't be mean." Sana defends their new Vice President. "Everyone is already criticizing her, we should be supportive of her. I'm pretty sure she's a smart person." Sana tries to be positive before scrolling back to the list of articles about Tzuyu, looking for positive comments about the young Vice President.

"Even if she's smart, she still lacks experience." Jihyo pointed out. "I'm not trying to diss her, obviously people are worried, if the company goes down, it will bring all the employees with it. That includes us."

"Her decisions will affect all of us." Jeongyeon adds while Mina nods.

"I know, but we haven't seen her work. At least give her a chance to prove herself."

"I think you're the only person willing to defend her." Momo comments. "You should start attending history classes."

"I will. I already ordered an ipad and pencil."

The other five girls look at her in disbelief.

"To write notes." Sana adds before smiling widely, showing her white teeth.

Jeongyeon groans. "Take that stupid smile off your face. Tzuyu is out of your league. You can't flirt with her."

Mina slaps Jeongyeon's shoulder. "Be nice."