9: The Karma

Tzuyu will leave the hospital in 5 days, still wearing her neck brace, she will be seen by the media and they will take a picture of her to put on their article with a title: How to ruin your father's reputation in one night?

That's her original plan, except the kind of article she's expecting to see.

After she heard that Sana was rushed into the hospital because of food poisoning, Tzuyu ran to get her laptop and revise her plans. Instead of waiting for 5 days before she leaves the hospital she settled with 3 days which she thinks is convincing enough.

She chose her outfit longer than the time she spent thinking about the possible effect of the changes in her plan. She wanted to look good but it shouldn't be over the top. She sent a message to Chaeyoung asking her to bring her jeans, beige faux shearling coat, white shirt and a black winter boots.

Of course she won't wear a scarf.

Tzuyu has made some changes, however the outcome should remain the same.

She is thankful that she hurt her neck while sleeping, she wouldn't have a problem in acting while wearing her neck brace. Tzuyu embraces her karma positively.

"Act natural, Tzu. I think her members are all with her now."

"I'm a natural."

"Please." Chaeyoung turns to the backseat where Tzuyu is sitting, she rolls her eyes after looking at her in disbelief. "You're awkward."

"Eyes on the road please."

"You know you could just go to your house and wait for Sana, right? Just text her that you will start teaching her again."

"I want to—"

"Know if she's alright?"

"No."

"You care about her."

"I want to make sure she's studying."

"Tzuyu, trust me, everyone will curse you if you ask her about that later."

"I've apologized more this year than I did in the past 20 years." Chaeyoung continues.

Her effort to explain to Sana, to Nayeon, to Icon and to literally everyone in the company, she already deserves an award.

Tzuyu doesn't respond anymore. Chaeyoung is aware how insensitive Tzuyu can be. She has pushed her emotions so hard that she forgot she has them.

"Have you seen the comments about Jihyo and Sana's appearance in High Brains?" Chaeyoung jumps to another topic when she senses that Tzuyu will not answer anymore.

"Yes."

"The fans didn't like it." Chaeyoung stops at the traffic light. She pulls the hand brake and rests her elbow on the arm rest.

"Of course. They thought the girls are all dumb."

"Aren't they?"

"They live and work in an environment that doesn't allow them to think." Tzuyu looks outside the window, watching the snow fall slowly.

"The fans are sending emails and messages. They are against it."

"I don't care what they think. They will thank me later."

She lowers the hand brake and slowly steps on the gas when the light turns green. Chaeyoung looks through the rear mirror and sees Tzuyu in deep thought.

"Are you worried about Jihyo and Sana?"

"Sana. She is doing well but she panics easily."

"While Jihyo doesn't like your idea. She doesn't want to be in that show."