28: Tzuyu

Tzuyu

I feel the heat on my face. Guessing the time by how the heat burns my skin, it should be around 10 in the morning, and 4 in the afternoon in Seoul.

"How did I sleep that long?"

I must be tired from yesterday. We had to travel to another house to meet Lucio and Roseanne, obviously I won't let them know where I really am. If Lucio get caught and tortured he will tell them where I am. That's a given. Now he can get tortured without putting me in danger.

My acting skill was put to the test, it drained me. Chaeyoung would be proud of me. Feliza said I was really convincing.

I groan, lifting both of my arms to stretch.

I don't remember a time when I appreciated having a bed before lying down on the sand for days. I savor the feeling of the soft mattress on my back. I personally requested this from Hästens.

And there she is again. Sana. My mind automatically thinks about her. A jolly, optimistic person. She laughs, smiles and eats a lot. I've never met anyone I wanted to touch so badly before her.

I couldn't imagine I would survive with water and a kitkat that she put in my pocket instead of giving me a hug. That clumsy odd girl that likes to wear my shirt even though she has more than double of my clothes. I wonder what she's doing there. If I didn't promise her that I'll be back I don't think I'd be eager to survive. I think I'd even rise up from the dead if I didn't survive, that's how much I despise breaking promises. Though I don't think Sana would appreciate the smell...

Anyway, what should I eat today? Should I eat something.. Japanese? Sana likes raw fish, sushi, and kimchi while I would never eat those. The smell? Goodness. How could she eat those?

I don't think there's a food that we both like. Starbucks coffee with 10 more ingredients, excessively sweet milk tea, highly processed corn chips with TBHQ.

I tried eating those hot corn chips. My organs rallied inside my body. How dare me feeding them with garbage?

The sun grabs my attention again. I know it's already late. "Should I put sun control film on my windows?"

It should be snowing. Why is it hot? I remove my blanket and— stop when I feel the texture is different. I'm using a honeycomb organic blanket, and this is definitely not it. Did Feliza change my blanket?

I move my left hand to get my cane but it is not in its usual spot. Someone is inside my room but I can't smell anything, I can't hear anything unusual.

I stand instantly and pull out the revolver in my drawer. My right knee buckles. Son of a bitch. I wrap my fingers in front of the grip, my index finger on the trigger, ready to shoot.

"Who are you?" I ask, putting my attention to any sound. Just move and you're dead.

"Put that down, Tzuyu."

"Mom?"

"I removed my shoes and I didn't wear perfume."

I put my gun down and sigh. "What are you doing here? Please wear your shoes. Where did you put my cane?"

"I want to see you. Your cane is on the right side of the bed. Feliza warned me about getting hit if I wake you up."

I could tell she's smiling. "I wish I could see you too."

We don't have the ideal mother and daughter relationship but she cares for me enough to see me even in her busy schedule. She is busy studying Green Corp., an energy company that she wants to invest into.