17: Three

No one has ever spent $1,890,000 for an intelligence and confidential program masked as a research program since the company was founded. They are an entertainment company not the military of Korea.

How could Tzuyu spend $1,891,750 in 5 weeks for intelligence? And why did she need it? Do they have a secret department that deals with these things? Are they operating as a secret organization that searches for evidence for a confidential case?

Those are some questions going through the heads of the people sitting at the table with Tzuyu.

"We don't know your goal but your father treats this company as his own child. And you're destroying its future." Says the man in a black suit and yellow tie. "Tell us you have a concrete plan, and that $1,890,000 did not go to waste."

Tzuyu yawns internally. She had a long night talking to Sana about them. Well it was a one sided conversation, Sana did the talking while she listened.

"Number 1: Don't visit me on my schedule."

She nods.

"Number 2: Don't threaten people. Be nice."

She nods again.

"Do you understand?"

"Yes. What else?"

"Number 3: Don't date any of my members."

"I told you I'm not dating Mina."

"Why did you meet her?"

"It's confidential. I can't tell you."

Sana rolls her eyes. "Number four—"

"Are you listening? Miss Chou?"

"Yes." She clears her throat. "Yes."

Everyone looks at her suspiciously.

"We won't lose investors." Tzuyu adds.

They are talking about potential problems with investors, right?

Their concern is not uncommon since they are a public listed company. But comparing the company to a child? Tzuyu looks at the paper on the table while suppressing a yawn, her eyes becoming watery.

"Why do you need that information? What is it for? How will it help the company to achieve its financial goal?" Asks the woman in her 50s.

Minatozaki Sana, Im Nayeon, KimCo.

Two people and a big corporation. She has to keep Sana close to untangle this connection between the three.

"How are we going to include this in our financial report?"

That's why we hired accountants. The bored Vice President answers in her mind.

"You cut the expenses by shortening the operating hours of our restaurant yet you spent almost $2 million in one month for spying on our artists' private lives."

Tzuyu nods. Knowing who are involved in illegal activities like prostitution are far more important than feeding our employees. They don't eat that much anyway.

"And why do we need a $1.4 million piano in the lobby?"

I want us to look like a real music producing company? And maybe to have something elegant? This company is full of cheap people.

"Please give us an answer." The second youngest in the room says. "We want to understand your reason behind these actions."

"I'm doing what's best for the company." She answers with a lifeless tone.