34: I'm not an apple

Coffee in her hand and her wallet on the other, she's walking fast to arrive on time for their practice. She's trying hard to achieve her first challenge for the day; be in a good mood. She's been successful in pushing her thoughts about a woman that doesn't deserve her time. It's great, she's doing good–

"Hey! You didn't answer my text."

Until an evil appears after he left her in peace for two days.

Sana spares him a quick glance, she eyes his odd choice of clothing again. A turtle neck long sleeve shirt, when it's not even cold but at least he's wearing jeans. She closes her eyes before turning her back on him, and starts walking hastily to their practice room.

"Sana!" Nick runs behind her. "Hey. You didn't—"

"I'm busy, Nick." She answers without stopping her small but quick steps.

She forces herself to smile when she sees Wendy. "Hi, Wendy!"

"Hello, Sana." Wendy greets her back before she bows her head to greet Nicholas.

Nick smiles at Wendy. "What happened?" He asks after they walk past the vocal coach, he could sense something is wrong by her tone. "Did you talk to Tzuyu again? She's not leaving her room." He asks another question after Sana ignores his first one.

"No." Sana notices the lace of her white sneakers is untied. She doesn't want to trip but she doesn't want to stop either. She walks like kicking something up in the air so she won't step on the shoelace accidentally.

"Feliza informed me about the cut on her cheek. It was so deep that it needed stitching."

She rolls her eyes. Nick is at it again.

"She's not eating." That's what he heard from Feliza. Tzuyu is not eating well and just working inside her room with Suzy. He limps, struggling to match the speed and length of her steps. "You walk funny. What are–"

"She can do whatever she wants. Stop pestering me." Sana says annoyed. The last strand of her patience is holding her back from making a scene. She doesn't want to hear her name, or anything about her. She's done.

"Aha. You did talk to her."

It's not a question but a statement. Nick could tell that the two are not on good terms and he needs them to reconcile.

Sana ignores him. Nick grins and stops following her. He is right, he waves his hand and chuckles behind her, "I'll see you later, Sana."

"I see. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Nick turns around and sees the old woman behind, his smile swiftly fades. A woman in her 50s with a posture like his sister's. Wearing a serious expression and a black corporate attire, her skirt is not wrinkled; you would wonder how she sits on her car. Standing proudly in front of him is Go Min-Hye, one of the directors of the board.

Nick bows his head to show his respect for the woman, though he is sure that he won't get the same respect in return. "It's nice to see you here, Miss Go."

"You'll see me often if you don't follow the path of your father." Min-Hye looks to the direction where Sana disappears. "Your family has a certain type." She nods her head.

Nick can't even lift his head to look at the woman in front of him. He wanted the floor to swallow him. He feels ashamed. He wants to apologize for the things that he did not commit because he feels sorry enough to admit the wrongdoings.

"I feel pity for your sister. Trusting her family that she didn't grow up with."

She steps forward and whispers, "Have you found the slush fund? Your sister was the sacrifice your—"