26: Finding Tzuyu

"My god. You look like a zombie."

"I know. Where's the audio? Let me hear it." Chaeyoung left her luggage near the main door of the penthouse and threw her handbag on the couch.

"I don't have it, Chaeyoung. I just heard it from Dad's office." Alexa looks at the things that are already scattered in her house. She shakes her head.

Chaeyoung squints her eyes at Alexa. "You're not lying, are you?"

Alexa throws her headband at Chaeyoung. "Why would I lie?"

If I survive this, you're dead. Those were the last words that were cut on Tzuyu's conversation with ATC aired by all the media platforms.

"You didn't record it?"

"I got caught okay? They even banned me from entering the entire building."

"Do you think her family has something to do with the accident?"

"You're kidding me right? I've met her mother because of my dad's business and I can assure you she could not hurt Tzuyu." Alexa goes to the kitchen and grabs an apple from her fridge. "It's just impossible."

She walks back to the living area and hands the apple to Chaeyoung. "Eat. You look starved."

Chaeyoung bites on the fruit. She leans on the couch and thinks deeply. "Do you think the media knows about it or they are as clueless as us?"

"I don't wanna think that they know something we don't. Are you even sleeping?"

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes. That's very typical of Alexa to say.

"I slept throughout the flight. I don't want to be awake if the plane crashes."

"I don't wanna lose another friend." Alexa taps her head and guides it to her shoulder.

Chaeyoung rests her head on Alexa's shoulder. "I need to know everything."

"If my dad and Tzuyu's mom want to keep the information a secret, they could do it easily." Alexa is not that smart but she grew up in a rich family, she knows how money works.

"I don't think she's dead." Chaeyoung says. "Nick replaced her that quickly without giving information about the accident. If they really stopped searching for her they would've done a funeral first before appointing Nicholas."

Alexa uses her brain to its full capacity. "If she's alive then where is she? This is not a book or a movie, you know."

"There are movies based on true stories."

"That doesn't include playing dead."

"Have you seen catch me if you can? Anything is possible."

"Oh please." She rolls her eyes. "That story is not even true."

"Whatever. I still think Tzuyu is not dead."

Alexa thinks that Chaeyoung is at the stage of denial. It's common when people can't accept the painful truth.

"You think she's conning us? Tzuyu? I don't think she cares about people that much to pretend she's dead. And it was not simple. She's missing with a $60 million jet."

Since there are many people involved, it would be hard to hide Tzuyu. But then again, Chaeyoung believes that nothing is impossible.

"I miss her too. But we have to move forward. If she could see us right now, she would laugh at us." Alexa adds.

Chaeyoung smiles sadly, Alexa is right. Tzuyu hates drama but she can't bring herself to believe that Tzuyu is dead. Her best friend is too smart for that.