𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 𝑰𝑰

꧁~~~Catelyn Stark~~~꧂
꧁~~~284 After Conquest~~~꧂

Catelyn Tully, now Stark, the new Lady of Winterfell and new wife to the Warden of the North, Eddard Stark. As she sits in her chair in the unfamiliar hall of the unfamiliar place, Lady Catelyn relaxes for a moment. For a moment, all the world is anymore is the baby in her belly.

Robb Stark, the future Lord of Winterfell and heir to the North itself, rests within her belly. He can be so much. So, so much, she believes. He will rule the North wisely and justly, the same as her husband does now. She just knows that her first ever baby is going to be a boy.

She had not seen Eddard in a long time. They had only known each other for a brief moment before he raced off to fight in Robert's Rebellion. The same Rebellion that had just ended in the recent months with Robert Baratheon's victory at the Trident River and the Lannister victory at the Sack of King's Landing. Some say that the city is still burning in some places. Some say the location where Rhaegar Targaryen, the Last Dragon, was slain, his ruby encrusted armor shattered into pieces, scattering the rubies everywhere. The Ruby Ford, now.

And through most of the Rebellion, Eddard had been fighting beside Robert Baratheon, now the King of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm. When she was betrothed to Eddard's older brother, Brandon, she had been ecstatic. She had heard tails of Brandon Stark and how he was. Wild, adventurous and full of life that many would envy. But Catelyn had found that, that wildness, adventurous, care free sure-of-himself attitude is what got him killed by the Mad King.

Her boy won't be like that. Her boy will grow up to he strong and true, yes, but smart and controlled. That's what she believes. She just doesn't know about the other two yet.

"My Lady?"

Catelyn looks up from her long gazing at her large belly, looking up to see a handmaiden standing in the doorway of the room looking back at her.

"Um..yes? What is it?"

"A rider has come from the South, my Lady. Lord Eddard Stark is back."

Catelyn stands carefully and quickly as she can, joy written clearly on her face as she smiles the brightest smiles anyone could possibly smile.

"Thank you..?"

"Marjorie, my Lady."

"Thank you, Marjorie. Join me to greet my husband?"

"Of course."

The handmaiden Marjorie courtesies as Lady Catelyn walks with a quick pace through the winding halls of Winterfell. The halls are dull and seemingly empty as a few people come about here and there. But there is no color. Greys, blacks, and white from summer snow are the only colors in major abundance. She had found the Godswood fascinating when he had first arrived to Winterfell. The..Weirwood tree, she thinks it's called, is bright and full of color. The white as snow bark could make the tree lost in the snow if it weren't for the blood red leaves of the Weirwood tree. The only place where there is any true color yet she feels so out of place there as well. The faces carved into the tree give off an eerie feeling in the cool winter air.

Walking through the courtyards of Winterfell, her hands wrapped together underneath her belly as to carry it with her as she continues a careful path. The mud sloshes and mixes with the white snows that fall almost all year round. From winter to summer and winter once more, snow falls. Summer less so but there is always the chance to wake up early one morning and see the sign of a thin layer of soft snow on the ground in the North.