𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰

꧁~~~Benget Stark~~~꧂
꧁~~~300 After Conquest~~~꧂

꧁"Damn it, Jon. I said I was fine.."

Ben grumbled as he stumbled to his feet, still wobbling from his wounds. Jon merely laughed at him again, shaking his head still.

"Yesterday you could barely walk, and now you want to watch us instruct the new guys?"

"No, I think I said I wanted to help you boys train the new guys, not watch."

He retorted, and Jon frowned and shook his head.

"And I think I said that you're still injured."

"I'm fine, Jon. Really."

He stood firm on that. But by firm, the reality was that he limped painfully on his left leg still, using his right more to maintain balance. Jon had tried to get him to use milk of the poppy, given by Maester Aemon, but Benget had refused. It would be a pain he could live through, one he could get through well enough if his younger twin could stop being a bother.

"Really?"

"Stop questioning my wondrously wise ways. A dagger to the leg is but a mere scratch."

"Better than one to the back, I'd say. Or the heart."

"A fair point."

Reaching out to the desk where Dawn leaned in its scabbard made by the Baratheon princess, Ben fumbled with it, which was surprising. He almost had it in his grasp, but it soon fell to the floor, and Ben groaned as he eyed the sword on the ground as it looked so far away.

"I got it."

Jon said as he leaned down to pick it up. Take the pommel in his hand, he was about to hand it back, but paused. Both Stark-Daynes looked at their ancestral blade, both thinking of the same thing. Ben began to speak first.

"You always wanted it since I could remember."

"I never-"

"Don't even try to deny it, Brother. Every man and boy in all Seven Kingdoms wants this sword."

He did not make a move to take it from Jon as he shifted his gaze from Dawn to his brother.

"It's never been my sword, Jon. It has always belonged to our blood."

"Like Ice."

That made Ben quiet, as well as Jon as soon as the words left his mouth. Ice, Ben thought to himself as his eyes grew distant, his mind running farther away than his eyes did. Father..

"Like Ice, yes.."

"But the bastard lions took what is ours, took everything."

Jon said in a huff, looking away as he gritted his teeth behind closed lips. Ben looked down to the floor as he could sense the anger radiating off of Jon, but Ben would not give into it then and there, nor would he feed Jon's in that moment.