𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑿𝑰

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑿𝑰
300 𝑨𝑭𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑪𝑶𝑵𝑸𝑼𝑬𝑺𝑻

𝑩𝑬𝑵𝑮𝑬𝑻 𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹𝑲

"Corn! Corn!"

The raven cawed, making the King huff a bit out of frustration, having been once again interrupted from his speech.

"And they say the bird is what won you the election. I should curse the wretched thing."

"Please do. Fucker never shuts up."

"Corn?"

Mormont's raven cawed once more, and finally Ben had enough as he took a fistful of corn from his desk drawer and chucked it across the study, the raven quickly darting after it with a flurry of speed as Benget slumped back behind his desk, huffing.

"Asshole.."

"To carry on.."

Stannis started, annoyed but as quick as wind, turned his attention back to the matter at hand.

"The Wildlings."

"Ah, yes. The Wildlings."

Benget groaned.

"You mock me?"

Stannis accused with a raised brow, which only made Ben shake his head.

"Nothing of the sort. I'm just tired of beating the same dead horse is all."

"Would not be needed had you taken up my offer."

"Your offer meant forsaking my vows."

"Please.."

Stannis just scoffed under his breath, leaning back in his seat as he leaned back in his chair at the opposite side of the desk, where Benget had once sat as the subject, not the superior. Though no matter any situation, even on the back foot, Stannis Baratheon always thought himself the superior to all, something Ben did not envy, but respected.

"You came South before to fight in the very first battle of the War. And since then, four of the five kings have died. The Seven Kingdoms only has one true king."

"A king without a kingdom."

"A king taking back his kingdom from thieves and butchers who stole it."

Stannis, though always trying to slide under Benget's skin, always trying to play and angle on him, was a good source of information to play catch-up on in the world. He had said that the War of Five Kings has raged long and hard, though a period of stalemate has occurred, all sides exhausted, especially his own. The copper of House Baratheon, Renly, was dead. Joffrey, the bastard, was dead. More recently, the self-proclaimed King of the Iron Isles, Balon Greyjoy, was found dead. Apparently.

And the last king...Robb... Ben tried to force him out of his mind for a time, but it seemed no matter what, Robb never left him alone for long.

"Your military tactics and courage secured one of the most important victories in the entire war. Had you stayed, seen the sense in staying, at the very least, the war would be over."