𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑰𝑿

꧁~~~Benget Stark~~~꧂
꧁~~~298 After Conquest~~~꧂

꧁He swung hard with his sword in return, having just twisted out of the way of a haste strike. Thwack! It called out in the chilly air, the noise fading into the sharp yelp let out by Pyp as he holds his ass with his hand, gritting his teeth a little from the stinging pain.

"Cheap move, Lord Stark!"

"Aye, you're right. It didn't cost me a penny to hit you."

Benget smiles as a small group had gathered around him and Jon, all each taking turns learning from the twins, but Ben is their main instructor, the one they could go to with anything, whether it be with swordplay, or with footwork, and even asking him help with reading letters sent from home or elsewhere, seeing as how less than a quarter of the whole Night's Watch cannot read.

"Did you see your mistake, Pyp?"

"I didn't make a mistake. I moved exactly how you told me to move."

"That's just it: you did as I asked, but I took advantage because you were following a script like a mummer, and I knew what your lines were."

"Again I say, that is cheap."

"No, just smart. But do you see what I've just taught you?"

Benget asks as Pyp shakes his head, a few of the other recruits snickering even though they themselves do not understand the small lesson the former heir to Winterfell and the whole North was trying to teach. Ben places a hand on Pyp's shoulder, smiling.

"Follow your orders and instructions as best you can, but when a situation arises where you feel the orders and instructions given will endanger you or another one of your brothers, do what it takes to take the objective, even if it means using 'cheap moves.'"

Pyp nods, maybe not understanding it all in one go, but Ben can tell it sits with him and many of the other recruits watching, along with Jon. Smiling as Ben turns slightly, his body feeling a set of green eyes on him as he looks up towards the Lord Commander's tower, seeing the shutters of the window partially opened and the Lord Tyrion smiling down on him with approval.

But another set of eyes lay themselves on the oldest of all the Stark siblings, the nearly black eyes of the older man narrowed in a glare of disdain and hate as Ben shifts his gaze to meet them. In the month since Ben and Jon had come to the Wall, since their Uncle Benjen had traveled north of the Wall, Ser Alliser Thorne has had it out for them, mainly his focused disregard is placed upon the shoulders of Benget Stark. And for that, Ben can accept if it meant the heat was taken away from Jon.

Ben almost wants to be childish. Almost wants to stick his tongue out at the anointed Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, the master-at-arms of Castle Black, but Ben refrains from doing so. He'd just have to school the asshole a different way, a way in which would probably result in him taking every night watch for the foreseeable future.

꧁~~~~~~꧂

The sound of silence mixed with the sound of cords being strummed fills his ears, the occasional gust of wind creating a peaceful addition to his song of past kings and maidens who wished they could never leave the hall that ended in flames.