𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰

꧁~~~Benget Stark~~~꧂
꧁~~~298 After Conquest~~~꧂

꧁It broke Ben's heart almost as much as it did Bran and Rickon's to say goodbye again. For a second time, the little Rickon had to say goodbye once more to his older brothers whilst Bran had to suffer it for the first time, as he was not awake for when they left. And his goodbye was soured anyways, as Lady Catelyn had demanded he leave. The menace in her voice, the anger, the hate, made Ben want to run away. It hurt to have her be so cruel, so belittling to him and Jon constantly throughout their entire lives. But her dealthy calm and dangerous words that day tops it all.

Riding along on his black stallion slowly, Ben glances to his side as Jon is half-asleep, eyes barely open as Ben snaps his fingers at him with a dumb grin.

"You really need your beauty sleep, my Prince? Perhaps I should find you a feather bed for your comfort and relaxation, your Highness?"

"Smart-ass.."

Jon yawns in his saddle as Ben chuckles, shaking his head whilst they continue down the Kingsroad. The early morning sky still sits in the sky, the Sword of the Morning still shining, the star blazing in the pommel like a diamond in the Dawn.

"What will it take for you to wake up?"

Ben asks in mock curiosity, beginning to scratch his chin in thought as he hums, pretending to actually think in depth. Jon rolls his tired eyes.

"Here's an idea that might be controversial; you could not have us wake up before dawn every day to ride for hours on end."

Ben shakes his head.

"No, I don't think that's it.."

He mutters before snapping his fingers, grinning.

"Or, here's another controversial idea; you could... shut the fuck up."

He laughs as Jon smiles, shaking his head whilst rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, continuing along the path. Ben still smiles, looking out ahead of them at a small little bridge crossing over a smaller creek a few feet deep.

"You know why I'm having you wake up early."

He says, rather than ask as Jon glances at him, thinking for a moment, before raising a brow.

"Because you want to catch up with Robb before he crosses at the Twins?"

"Bingo was his name, you've got it."

"Who's Bingo?"

"You never heard that song growing up?"

Ben asks in confusion, making Jon only shake his head with a shrug before Bem realizes as though he should've known before, a chuckle escaping his lips.

"Ohh, right. I made that song, too."

"How many songs have you even made?"

"How many questions are you going to ask this morning?"

Ben retorts with a smile as Jon only scoffs before yawning once again. The pair make it to the small wooden bridge and Ben smiles mischievously.