𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑽𝑰𝑰

𝑩𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒌
꧁300 𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕

"Are you nice and comfortable, Lord Dayne?"

Benget kept his eyes closed, having already heard the door to his chambers open without a knock. He could really care less in that moment, but without even opening his eyes to see, he reached out to the side of his bed where Dawn rested in it's scabbard, and picked it up and moved it to rest in his lap as he leaned back into the pillow and sighed.

"I've never felt better, Ser Alliser."

"Your Wildling whore give you them scratches?"

Don't draw, he told himself, don't draw. He so wanted to, however. Opening his eyes, Benget glared across the small room at Ser Alliser, who stood in the doorway with a deep frown and eyes set in a glare towards him.

"You have the same story your brother's got? That Mance Rayder has 100,000 men coming to fight?"

"Really I'd say there's about 98,000 men and over a dozen giants and mammoths each, which I suppose makes up for the 2,000 men off of 100,000."

"Keep pushing, Benget Stark, and see what happens."

Ser Alliser took a threatening step forward as Ben only smiled. He was lying on his back, defenseless in a way where it would be difficult for him to get up and fight of the master-at-arms decided to. And even then, Ben had no doubts or fears in his mind that Ser Alliser Thorne would make a move. But then again, he now knew Lord Commander Mormont isn't there to be a shield anymore.

"You're lucky the officers of the castle do not wish to see you hung by your neck, Dayne. Half of the fools think you're some bloody hero for fighting for the North. Some hero who breaks his fucking vow."

"It's funny you should mention that, Ser Alliser."

Ben smiled as he shifted up, moving forward and leaning back against the wall, cracking his neck a little and groaning.

"You see, I knew the moment I heard your story, I knew you and I are not so different."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Oh yeah. We both fought for our kingdoms. You fought for the Mad King and his foolish son, while I fought for my foolish father and his recklace son. And another thing you brought up; my, "Wildling whore.""

Ben shook his head with a short chuckle, thinking about Val whilst clenching his fist tightly. She is no whore, he thought and knew. But Ser Alliser, nor the rest of the Night's Watch would see differently.

"She's the one that stabbed me in the leg. I've been stabbed before, yes, but never by a woman. I have to say, being stabbed by a woman is a lot like being stabbed by a man. Maybe a bit more shameful, but all the same, really. You were surely wounded during the Sack of King's Landing, yes?"

He asked and Ser Alliser still firmly glared, but nodded.

"Aye. Side of my chest by Lord Tywin's bannerman."