𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑿𝑰

꧁~~~𝑫𝒂𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒔 𝑻𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒚𝒆𝒏~~~꧂
~~~300 𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕~~~꧂

For once, Dany relaxed relatively easy as she sat on the beautifully carved railing of hee balcony over looking all of Meereen. The sun kissed her skin gently, the swift but soft breeze blew her long silver locks lightly as she had them unbraided for the rest of the day. She had a busy one—though that would be an understatement. Over two-hundred-seventeen supplicants came to ask of her for favor, for property and other rights. It had been too long since she tried to play any political games, and she found her being away from it has done neither her or her people any good.

Sighing softly, Dany stared out at the setting sun over the land that was now hers. It was hers by right of conquest, of course, but still hers. But the sad truth was, that even if she slew nearly each and every one of the Masters of Meereen, it did change little. A man had come to her just this day, asking to be sold back into the bounds she struck from him. Daenerys really did not understand, even still, how men would wish to return to chains.

But Missandei said, and Irri agreed, that men grow to love their chains.

And that thought led to another. This one was about Drogo. My sun and stars, Daenerys lightly scoffed, closing her eyes for a long moment, her hand unconsciously traveling to her belly where she could remember her son was kicking barely two years ago. Gods, how the times go by. And that was right. Time went on, and Dany found her memories in the Dothraki Sea drifting further and further away from her. Those memories were the only thing that truly remaind of her Dothraki life. Her Khalasar, the poor excuse of one she led to Qarth was mostly gone. Irri and Rakharo were the only ones who truly remaind by her side.

"It is beautiful, Your Grace."

The voice of the Bold came from behind her, and Dany smiled softly, he came to me, she thought. He remains still. Ser Barristan came forward, stepping onto the balcony poking out from the Great Pyramid, and he leaned agaisnt the stone railing, overlooking the city.

"It is quite something, Ser."

"I never truly imagined it before, seeing such things. The only true glorious sights I had ever seen before coming to mainland Essos were the Stepstones."

"The War of the Nine Penny Kings."

Dany turned with a raised brow, and Ser Barristan nodded at that, smiling only barely in the memory of what had happened.

"The last Blackfyre Rebellion. I slew Maelys the Monsterous before he could take the life of Ser Jorah's father, Jeor Mormont."

Dany raised her brow just a bit higher at that, having never heard much of Jorah's father before. Matter of fact, the old knight had rarely spoken of his family, aside from the fact he was banished from his lands, and that he wished to return to them one day.

"Jeor Mormont?"

"Aye. Jeor Mormont. Last I heard from him, he was the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch."

"The Lord Commander of the order that protects the Seven Kingdoms in the far North?"

Daenerys asked curiously, and Barristan nodded at that.