𝑨𝒄𝒕 𝑰𝑰: 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑰

꧁~~~𝐵𝑒𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑘~~~꧂

꧁~~~299 𝐴𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡~~~꧂
______________________________________________

❄❄❄

❄❄❄

꧁The frigid breath of wind and unsettling cold felt good on him. It had reminded him that he was alive. That blood flowed through his veins. It reminded him to respect both fire and ice for their power over Man. He respected it. He reviled in it.

Ben stares out into the sky from the top of the huge evergreen covered in snow. He felt like he were on top of the world. Even on top of the Wall, the 700 foot tall sheet of magic and ice, he felt more alive and on top of the world in that tree than anywhere else. The dawn was here, the early morning sky showing crimson and violet, blue and pink, and a thousand other shades of each he could not describe it. It was beautiful. But the word just falls short.

Ben gazes ahead with a soft smile on his lips, smiling as he gazes at the Sword of the Morning that hangs in the sky down south, the star blazing like a diamond in the Dawn. But the thing that catches his eyes the most is the red comet in the sky. It had appeared there the morning after they left the Wall on what some brothers are calling the "Great Ranging." For the first time in hundreds, if not thousands of years, the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch is riding out in force against the paroles beyond the Wall. For the first time in hundreds of years, dragons are back. He could feel it. He knows that's what the comet means.

The comet looked sad in a way, if a comet from outside this world could have any personification to it. And for whatever reason, one way or another, Ben felt sad, too. The comet was alone, no other falling stars beside it to keep it company. It felt alone. Ben felt alone.