Birthday Special (Tea Knight)

Ayo one of y'all hit me up again for a request for a birthday.
Here, have a lovely Tea Knight x fem mage reader lmfao

××××××

You were a soldier in the Tea regimen. You were a mage with water controlling abilities. You weren't very high up in the regimen, but high enough to be partnered with Tea Knight cookie. He was tall and broad, with years of battle work having shown with the scars on his face. A graying head of hair and beard was a testimony to his years of experience.

He wasn't a very open man, to be frank, his book was closed. Maybe that was why it was odd whenever you received head pats from him or he'd crack a joke at something you said. You got along very well despite the age difference, and that was heavily thanked on your part.

Tonight was a special night. After defeating a band of resource stealers, you and Tea Knight decided to go out for drinks. Both of you were still armored up, your own gray-blue suit built to that of a ninja's. Your ability was limited to water, but physically you relied on speed and flexibility.

Hence the tight-fitted yet flexible armor on your body. You ordered a Sam Adams, Tea Knight asking for his usual; mint tea with vodka. You sighed and looked around the dimly lit room, eyes swirling with discontent. "What's wrong?" Your superior asked, eyebrow perking as he watched you with uncertainty.

"Oh, sorry," you didn't mean to worry him. Face palming, you ran a hand through your hair. "It's just... Been a while since I saw my family. That stolen cart of goods reminded me of my father's woodwork and juice shop. I'm just wondering how they're doing..."

Your drinks arrived and he immediately took a sip, contemplating his answer. "Well," his gruff voice started off. "Maybe you should visit them next time we head back to Fort Willner." You nodded, still feeling homesick and hopeless. "C'mon kid, lighten up. Is working with me really that glum?" He patted your shoulder, allowing you to lighten up with a chuckle.

"No, sir, it's great to work with you. I know Im not a rookie anymore, but you always treat my mistakes like they're nothing of matter. I appreciate that."

He smiles kindly and nodded, sipping his tea again. "So, speaking of mistakes, how's that relationship of yours going?" You groaned at the question, grunting. "Honestly, sir, I don't know. I like Herb a lot, but more as a friend then a lover, y'know? He's just, really soft."

"Why don't I set you up on a blind date then?" You half choked on what your heard, sputtering with a laugh. "Oh, sir- you don't have to do that! Besides, This town is a bit sleepy, eh?" He shook his head, sipping his tea once more. "I know somebody who'd be perfect for you, right from this town. What's the harm?"

Knowing he'd keep pestering you about it, you finally agreed with a grunt. Downing your drink, you ordered another, eyes glinting with determination. "Wanna try and out drink me?" Tea Knight studied your face, shrugging with a soft smile. "Why not?"

××××××

You lost horribly at the drinking game. Tea Knight was carrying you to the hotel, your armor barely dangling onto your thin form. He shuddered as you breathed into his neck with a wholesomely drunken smile. "Knightyyyyy~" you purred, running a small hand through his hair.

Growling out of annoyance, he didn't react, bringing you to your room as soon as possible. Tea Knight would be lying if he said he wasn't overjoyed by your presence. A half a year into your partnership, he had caught massive feelings. A building was going down and he had saved you in the nick of time, rolling away from the rubble.

You had landed underneath him, eyes squeezed shut. He had caught the first good look at your face, your mask having been ripped off. Your personality had always had him interested, but your beauty was next level.

He remembered that night, laying in his bed, gasping for air with a flushed face. He couldn't help but heave with the realization of his crush. You were near 20 years younger than him... Was he a pedo?

Lured from his thoughts, Tea Knight set you on the side of your bed as you giggled and flopped down before patting beside you. "slEeP wIthHHhH mEeeeE!" You hiccuped at the end, a small smirk layering over your face.

"Captain L/N, you're drunk. Just sleep."

You pouted and rolled over, shutting your eyes in a pout.

Tea Knight turned the light off, sighing as he closed The door and made his way to his room. He changed from his armor into a pair sweatpants, shuffling into his covers. "Uhg," his head pounded as a flash of yearning entered his heart.

Why did you always seem so far away? You were always by his side, yet untouchable. Your twinkling eyes and subtle laugh always had him gripping his chest for breath. God, why weren't you born later in life?

Turning over, tears pricked at the knight's eyes. You'd never be his, would you? Fucking hell- life did indeed suck.