Dark Choco x Fem! Reader

You were a fencer from the Chocolate Kingdom. And you weren't a slouch, either. Well known and having won many competitions, you'd quickly made your way up the social ladder. Your father had been turning down wedding proposals for the past two years.

Despite how charming you seemed outwardly, your personality didn't match that. At all. Spiteful, bitter, angry. Those three words blossomed around you from anyone who'd spoken to you once. Your only friends were Raspberry cookie and Espresso Cookie. You only ever saw the former at competitions, however.

After about a year, you'd been requested to move to palace a swordsman for the royal guard. Taking the invite with ease, you found yourself pent up from the lack of work. The castle was always quiet despite it's bustling servants and you weren't even in the royal guard. You were set up as one of twelve special recruits that would assist the king or prince on the battlefield.

And there wasn't any battles, therefore no battlefields. So you were kept in a castle for six months as of now. Your anger had been really starting to flare up. Snapping at servants, whipping out horrible names as lazy guards. Nobody there could fence or spar, either. What a useless bunch of nobodies.

As you got dressed in your typical attire (a black set of armor with a dark red cape that covered half your body), you asked a maid to set up some training bags in the courtyard. She obliged and hurried off, careful to not set off your temper. You sighed and walked slowly down the hallway, rubbing your gloved hand down the edge of the fencing sword. It'd been so long since you'd properly fenced...

Of course, Affogato and you conversed here and there. He'd relay messages back to Espresso and such, but you were still lonely as hell. Lost in though, you turned the corner and hit something dead on. Stumbling back, you caught your balance and glared. Eyes whisking up, you snarled at the man with a red ruby eye staring down at you.

"You imbecile; watch your step!" You seethed, sheathing your sword and crossing your arms. You had no intention of moving, but evidently he didn't either. He seemed... Amused, almost. "Do you have any idea who I am?" He asked, perking an eyebrow. You scowled and rolled your eyes. "If I did, I wouldn't care. Now move, you meatsack." He laughed as you pushed him aside and strode away.

Watching you enter the garden, he smirked and motioned to a guard. "Who is she?" He asked, rubbing his chin. The guard shook his head with a frown. "Ever heard of that famous fencing artist, Y/N? That's her."

Eyes brightening, the prince chuckled once more. "Interesting... I wonder where she's headed." With a shrug, the guard went back into position.

××××××

You slashed forward, thin blade meeting the hanging bag with a snap of your wrist. You dashed towards the next one, cutting the rope and spinning as another fell down, cutting it clean in half. Whilst it did feel amazing, this was nothing like your original process. You loved fencing with Raspberry. And now you'd never see her. Stupid kingdom!

Growling, you thrusted forward your sword and let it strike through the bag you'd cut. It was laying on the ground, and your sword had perched itself tang side up towards the sky. You wiped your forehead, shuffling your cape back into place. A sudden onslaught of claps made you jump, spinning around to see the man from earlier. "Bravo," he called, smiling as he sat down under the tree he'd been watching from.

"Why were you watching me? Are you a pervert?!" You screamed in response, drawing your blade from the earth. "I didn't know watching a subject of mine was perverted," he stated with a snicker. Subject? What was he talking about? You gritted your teeth and stomped over. "What did you call me?"