TWELVE.

THE SUN WAS SETTING, GOLDEN LIGHT STREAMED through the windows onto the stone wall next to Sienna, making her olive skin glow

Every time the pair walk past a window, Sienna squints her eyes, glowering at the glare from the outside.

"So, are we going anywhere, or are we just walking?" Sienna asks after a couple long minutes of, surprisingly, comfortable silence.

They were approaching a steep flight of stairs, at the very top was a dark wooden door.

"We are here. No need to get antsy." Aro jokes.

Sienna sends him a pointed look, which he smiles largely at. She starts up the steep steps, holding onto the railing. Aro follows smoothly behind her.

Sienna reaches the door stationed at the top, she grabs the golden handle and twists it open, being met with a blinding amount of the setting sunlight. She blinks rapidly a few times before stepping into the room. "Is this place inside the sun?"

Aro laughs quietly, "Not quite."

Sienna fully opens her eyes, gaping in awe at what surrounded her — green plants stood around the room that had windows for walls, allowing the sun to leak through them, and showcasing the pink sky with streaks of orange. White couches and chairs were pushed up against the windows, an orange glow casting over them.

Sienna stares up at the ceiling, seeing that it too is made of glass. She turns around, looking for Aro, and finds him looming in the doorway, keeping himself in the shadows.

"Are you going to burn if you step into the sun?" Sienna asks. Sunlight beamed down on her, making her red hair shine and her dark eyes lighten.

"No, I will not burn. Though, I suppose you'll find what does happen quite humorous."

"Oh," she scoffs, "I won't find it humorous."

Aro tilts his his head to the side and sends her a look. He doesn't know the girl well at all, but he has been present in conversations with her, and he can see that she has a light spirit and a humorous personality — when she's not trying to rip his head off of his body, that is.

"I'm sure that you will." He chides.

Sienna throws her hands up, "Just do it. I won't laugh or make fun of you, I promise." She wipes away any form of smile from her face, making her expression as passive as possible.

Aro exhales through his nose and shakes his head, letting himself step out into the open room. He waits to see Siennas reaction but she just stares at him wide eyed.

Seeing somebody sparkle like diamonds was not what Sienna had expected to happen today. Or ever. She was expecting Aro to burst into flames and then become a pile of steaming ashes.