TWENTY FIVE.

"UGH

"UGH." I GROAN INTO MY PILLOW, MY HEAD THROBBING INCESSANTLY.

Short spurts of memories from last night emerge from the back of my mind, I remember everything up until I started my second glass of wine, anything after that is spotty and comes in waves.

I flip my body over, wanting to get some more sleep, but my arm hits something hard like stone. I freeze and slowly open my eyes, flushing from embarrassment because Caius is the stone my hand hit.

I yank my hand back and blink a few times, "Um, hey, hi." When I speak, it amplifies the headache reeking havoc in my skull.

"Well, good morning." He places a book that was in his hands down on his lap, "Sleep well?"

"Sure, yeah. Not to be rude or anything, but why are you in my bed?" I stare at his porcelain chest, my mouth running dry, "And why are you... shirtless?" How did I not notice his lack of shirt sooner? God.

"Because you are wearing my shirt." He smirks and I look down, seeing a dark navy button up hanging off of my body, it's not buttoned all the way, so my cleavage is partially showing. "And, you insisted that I stay with you, so I did."

"Did I?" I rub my heavy eyes, seeing spots as I do so. My headache stays persistent and is sure to make itself known, "Don't ever let me drink again, please."

"Gladly, I don't need anymore of your insults." He pouts.

"Oh no," I hide my face in my hands, "what did I say?"

"Well, first, you called me Princess Caius, Aro quite enjoyed that one." He sneers, "Then, you made fun of my hair. Lastly, you said I looked like a ferret."

I want to laugh, really, but I think that would hurt his pride, so I just slowly drop my hands from my face and fight back the smile that's trying to form, "I deeply apologize."

"I suppose I forgive you." His tone is hard but his face is soft and eyes bright with amusement, "Is there anything you would like to do today?"

My pulsating headache doesn't let me think too hard, so I just shrug, "I don't know. Maybe if I can get this headache under control I'll be able to think of something. You don't happen to have some pain killers with you, do you?"

"No, but there should be some coming with your breakfast." He reaches over and runs his fingers along my jawline, "How bad is it?"

His touch temporarily takes the pain away, but it all comes flooding back the second his hand falls away from my skin, "Feels like my brain is trying to escape my skull."