TWENTY TWO.

THE BRIGHT DAY SKY HAS NOW FADED INTO A COLORFUL SUNSET, orange light shines in through the small windows surrounding the throne room

Felix holds the head of a criminal in one arm and the body in the other, he hauls them out of the room, leaving the kings to sit alone and discuss the trials that took place throughout the day.

"I still fully believe that Elaine could have been a useful member of the guard. But you just had to dispose of her, brother." Aro glares at Caius.

Caius scoffs, "We already have an abundant amount of trackers, Aro. Not to forget the heinous crimes she committed."

Aro lifts his finger in protest, "They were not that bad and it couldn't hurt to have more trackers in the lower guard."

"We have to be more careful with who we add to the guard, we do not know if Sienna's father has sent more people or not." Marcus whispers.

"I would have seen if she was sent by somebody." Aro was quite offended by Marcus' lack of confidence in Aro's gift.

Ever since Christopher had successfully infiltrated the castle, because of Aro's own foolish eagerness, he's been more than vigilant when delving into ones mind; replaying the thoughts over and over, taking closer looks at each thought multiple times. Not that he wasn't thorough before, of course.

"I am aware that before with Christopher I was very careless and too joyful to have found another powerful mental shield." Aro sighs, "Who knows what would have happened if Sienna had not realized who he was." The thought alone sends shivers down Aro's spine. "I have been more than careful, believe me."

Caius shakes his head, his eyes darkening at the mention of Christopher's name, "What are we going to do with that boy? He cannot be put under the exceptional pain of Janes gift and he will not talk."

"If he gets thirsty enough he will." Marcus' stone fingers tap the arms of his throne rhythmically, the idea putting a smirk on his blonde brothers lips.

Christopher has not been in the dungeons for a long amount of time, but other criminals being held in the dreary and dark cells of the dungeons would have talked by now, most spit out their treasons only after having a taste of Janes burning gift.

This is the first time in many millennia that they were unable to get the truth out of somebody quickly. A strange and frustrating occurrence it is.

"All in good time. We have to be patient." Aro places himself in the new conversation.

"Patient? Do you even know how important this is? You floundering imbecile—" Just as insults are starting to get tossed around, Marcus stands up, interrupting Caius and his fiery tongue. "Where are you going?" Caius snaps.