SEVENTEEN.

RAIN CONTINUES TO FALL FROM THE VAST SKY

RAIN CONTINUES TO FALL FROM THE VAST SKY. Sienna can see the swirls of dark clouds from the windows she and Marcus pass by, she can even hear the distant droplets splatter on the roof and windows.

Sienna keeps her eyes on a window they pass for as long as possible, "Does it rain here often?" She asks. The rain is something she enjoys and brings comfort to her, at home, if she was censured by her father, she would run up to her room, and if it was raining, she would sit there for hours gazing outside of her window, watching the dark skies as they release the cool water.

It gave her time to gather her fuming thoughts and calm herself down.

"It varies." Marcus answers, looking down at her and seeing the grey light shine on her eyes. "But when it does rain, I find it very relaxing."

Sienna looks up at him, "Me too." Her voice is soft yet it's obvious she's joyful with the fact Marcus just shared with her.

It's not much longer until Sienna is staring up at a pair of doors, elegant patterns are engraved on it's surface that instantly catches Sienna's eye. "Wow." She breathes, stepping forward and running her fingers along the surface. "Is everything in this castle so fancy?"

"We do enjoy being dramatic."

That is abundantly clear. The murals that brighten the ceilings of the rooms she's been brings a great amount of evidence to support that fact. Not to mention the large paintings that hang in the hang in the corridors. Or the literal room that is shaped like a sphere made out of shiny marble.

"You don't say." Sienna mumbles, she steps up to push on the heavy doors but alas, they don't even budge an inch. She sighs, exasperated, and turns towards Marcus who is looking at her with amusement.

"Would you like some help?" He questions.

Sienna steps to the side swiftly, "Please."

Marcus easily holds the door open and allows Sienna to step through the doorway. She gives him a grateful smile as she passes by him.

When her eyes focus on the room standing before her, she gasps. Tall bookshelves tower above her from wall to wall, reaching the ceiling. Velvet couches and daybeds are spread out all over the room, most close to bookshelves. In the middle of the room of books, stand a few desks with four chairs, some have books lying precariously on their surfaces.

Sienna closes her gaping mouth, her eyes continue to roam about the room. Marcus keeps his eyes on her, watching her face light up in amazement.

He's stood in this room thousands of times before, the awe that once struck him has faded, but seeing her stare up at the tall, wooden shelves lined with books, makes it feel like it has been returned.