THIRTY TWO.

AFTER HOLDING ARO CLOSE FOR HOURS, DRAGGING HER FINGERS THROUGH HIS HAIR AND NOT SPEAKING, ARO IS FINALLY READY TO TALK TO SIENNA

"Didyme was my sister, she was quite younger than I but I still adored her." Aro whispers to Sienna, "She joined our coven years after I was turned and immediately fell in love with Marcus, and bonded closely with Athenodora—Caius's wife."

Sienna, surprisingly, has no reaction to the mention of Marcus having another love, because how could someone not fall for Marcus immediately? Even she couldn't stop herself from falling for him.

"She had a gift that was best suited for her; she could alter one's emotions to make them feel joy." Aro's lips twitch up into a tiny smile, "Though her presence alone could have done that."

Sienna smiles along with him, "She sounds lovely."

"She was wonderful, until I... murdered her." Aro drops his small smile and slides his eyes shut, he pinches them together tightly.

Sienna doesn't know how to respond, she stares at Aro with widen eyes and pressed lips. Sienna gets especially awkward in situations that deal with heavy emotions, and someone speaking about their sister that they murdered is definitely one of those situations.

Sienna chews on her lip, debating on what to say or do next—she can either ask 'why did you kill your sister' or just continue to comfort him, but she feels like it maybe should be talked about.

"Why'd you do it?" Sienna asks, her voice as soft as it can be.

Aros eyes flutter open, and he slightly shakes his head. "I didn't want Marcus to leave, I believed if he left, the Volturi would become vulnerable. I wanted to rule every vampire, I was power hungry." Aro takes a deep breath. "I later discovered that they would have returned, though."

His shaky and rough voice makes Sienna frown. "I now know what I did was horrid, but at the time, I was too focused on getting what I wanted to truly care."

"But it all just came flooding back?" Sienna asks, knowing the feeling so well.

Aro feebly nods, "Yes, after our trial in Forks and I saw what would have happened, something came undone inside of me—everything I kept deep inside found it's way out and now I'm feeling everything at once. It's horrible, Sienna."

"I know, Aro." Sienna grabs Aros hand, drawing small circles on his porcelain skin with her thumb. "But talking about it helps a little, doesn't it?"

"I suppose it does, yes." Aro musters up the smallest and weakest smile he could, it hardly stays on his lips, but Sienna was fortunate enough to witness it. "I just want to undo what I've done, and yet I am painfully aware that I cannot."