THIRTY SEVEN.

ARO AND I WALK HAND IN HAND DOWN A CORRIDOR, ONE THAT I CAN SLIGHTY RECOGNIZE NOW

It leads to the kings' quarters. It leads to Caius. For some reason, my stomach bubbles with nerves... I assume it's due to our last conversation, the one where he gave me orders and I basically told him to fuck off. Aro says Caius isn't mad at me, he just feels guilty, but I still fiddle with my sleeve hem with nerves.

As we get closer to their chambers, I feel more nerve wracked.

"Dear, Caius is not angry, believe me, I've seen that man angry more times than I've seen him any other emotion." Aro speaks to me. "Stop stressing yourself out, I'd hate for you to go into cardiac arrest."

Aros words help my stomach settle a tad, but I still grow more and more nervous with each step we take, every inch we get closer. "I don't even know why I'm anxious!" I complain. My body is severely overreacting and I hate it.

Aros cold fingers that are wrapped around mine squeeze gently. "I'm sure it will all go away once you speak with him, maybe even once you see for yourself that he is not angry."

"I hope so." I say as we enter into the corridor with three doors. Aro and I walk over to the one I've never entered before.

"Will you be fine?" Aro asks softly, now staring down at me.

I turn so I can look at him better and not have to crane my neck. I nod warily. "I guess."

"You don't seem too certain." Aro comments with a slight smile. "You don't have to do this right now, love."

"No, I need to talk to him. I want to." I assure Aro and mostly myself.

Aro nods. "Very well. I won't be too far if you change your mind." He brings up our intertwined hands and places a delicate kiss on the back of mine. Our hands disconnect and he turns towards the door that leads into his room, but I call out his name.

"That was quick." He says once he's facing me again with a bemused smile.

"No, its not that. I just—" I step closer towards him and stare into his red eyes. Again, I'm hit with the undeniable urge to feel his lips on mine just like the two times before. It must be some soulmate bond thing, but shit, it sure is strong. His hand moves up to touch my face, and then his eyes slightly widen, and I know hes read my thoughts and likely felt the urge that I feel.

He leans in before I do, and then our lips touch and burst of energy surrounds us. My anxiety and nerves are completely nonexistent as of now in this bliss.