TWENTY FOUR.

SIENNAS POV

SIENNAS POV.

"YOU BETTER NOT BURN ME WITH THAT." I warn Heidi, who holds a hot curling iron in her hand.

"Do you not trust me? I would never burn you."

I stare at her through the mirror of my bathroom, "I trust you, just not when you're wielding a hot piece of metal that could easily burn me."

She ignores me and grabs a chunk of my hair, she wraps it around the rod and curls it up towards my scalp. "See? I didn't burn you."

I relax into the chair, "We still have a full head of hair to go, don't get too cocky."

"I've been doing hair since before I joined the Volturi, I have never burned anybody." She defends herself. "Anyways, are you excited yet?" She changes the subject, her cool fingers running through my hair.

"Yeah, a little nervous, too." I've never been on a date, if this even is a date. I think the excitement outweighs the nerves, I can't wait to see the museum and what lies past Volterra.

Heidi grabs another piece of my hair, "Aw, what's there to be nervous about? You'll look wonderful."

I smile at her through the mirror, "I'm not nervous about how I'll look, I've never been on a date, you know?"

"Again, what's there to be nervous about? They are your mates, you shouldn't be nervous around them."

I pause so I can think of a scenario, "Well, what if I trip because of those giant ass heels you insisted I bought, and humiliate myself?"

Heidi rolls her eyes and places her free hand on her hip, "You could roll in a puddle of mud and they would still find you absolutely adorable."

"Do you have a soulmate, Heidi?" I ask. I've been wondering this, but never knew how of when to ask her, this seems like the perfect moment.

She doesn't answer for a while, but her hands continue to work on my hair. "I do."

"Oh? Who?" I wiggle my eyebrows.

I catch her smiling, her whole face softens. "Santiago."

I spin around in the chair without even thinking, Heidi yanks the curling iron away, "Sienna! I almost burned you!"

I ignore her words and begin my interrogation, too eager to know every little aspect of their relationship. "Why hasn't Santiago mentioned it? Why don't you act like soulmates? How long have you known—"