02ᴵⁿⁿᵒᵛᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟐

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟐

"ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵃˢ ˢⁱᵐᵖˡᵉ ᵃˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ"

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

The group of delinquents plus one of the privileged had started their journey in hopes of finding food and supplies. Leo was walking beside Monty and Jasper. Being in the back, the boys all watched Finn put a purple flower in Octavia's hair, just behind her ear.

"Now, that, my friend, is game," Jasper whispered to Monty.

Leo looked at the back of the twos head. He raised his voice while turning to look at the bush of the other purple flowers. "I always thought Poison sumac would look more poisonous in person."

"What?" Automatically turning around, Octavia hurried and took the plant out of her hair from hearing their conversation. "It is?"

Monty nodded his head in agreement as he had taken the flower out from the bush. "He's right but the flowers aren't actually poisonous. They're medicinal, calming, actually." He plopped the Poison sumac into his mouth.

Leo slightly furrowed his brows with a bit of worry at seeing Monty eat the flower. "And they're edible?" He had only remembered the plant because it had the word poison in it.

Monty took another flower from the bush they just passed and handed Leo one. "Yeah, try it."

"His family grows all the pharmaceuticals on the Ark," Jasper informed them all while Leo hesitated to eat the flower for a second then he just went for it and it actually wasn't bad.

"Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?" Clarke stopped walking to turn around and face them. She was the one in the front, leading them to the location that she and Wells circled on the map.

Finn was the one to respond. "Come on, Clarke. How do you block all this out?"

"Well, it's simple." Clarke answered, "I wonder, 'why haven't we seen any animals?' Maybe it's because there are none. Maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us. Sure is pretty, though. Come on." She was just trying to hurry and get there for the food then go back to camp.

Leo hummed as he looked around, now noticing that she was right. They haven't seen any animals. "As much as I love adventure, food comes first. No animals equal no food. I don't know about you guys but I don't want to eat flowers all day." He was the first to walk forward past the others and beside Clarke.

Clarke blankly spoke while Leo walked beside her, "You're not as dumb as you appear."

This made Leo try to hide his smile while he talked back, "Don't expect too much."

"Why is that?" Clarke glanced at him as they walked into the front.

Leo didn't answer.

"Here I thought you were the fun one." Octavia eyed Leo who had walked up beside the blonde while she and the others slowly followed after the two.