15ᴾᵒˢˢⁱᵇˡᵉ ᴾᵉᵃᶜᵉ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

"ᴼᵘʳ ᵖʳⁱⁿᶜᵉˢˢ ʰᵃˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵉᶠᶠᵉᶜᵗ"

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

"Hey, hey, there you are." Jasper walked into the tent with drinks in his hand before Leo could leave. "Listen, we're playing drunk ball. I bet Monroe my team's gonna win the Unity Day title. This is for you." He handed Raven a cup.

"I know you zero-g mechs have a crazy hand-eye skills." Jasper then turned to Leo with a cheerful smile. "And you look like you can handle drinks. Plus, you're tall so that should increase your efficiency in the game and the whole panther situation. I may have been out of it but I saw that. So, I came to poach you two onto my team first."

"Sounds like fun." Leo took the cup from Jasper, taking a drink from it. "I'm in."

Jasper quickly looked at Leo, dropping his smile. "Wait, why are you in here? Finn was looking for you earlier."

"He was?" Both Leo and Raven asked at the same time, showing genuine confusion.

Jasper nodded. "Yeah, that was a while ago though." He looked at Raven, still awaiting an answer, "So, huh? What do you think? It's gotta be more fun than...whatever you're doing."

Raven smiled as she put the drink aside, going back to work. "I'm checking the gunpowder in these rounds so that if the Grounders try to kill us all maybe we can get a few shots off beforehand."

"Hmm, that's intense. Sure you know what you're doing?" Jasper watched Raven work.

"Why does everyone keep asking me-" The bullet exploded in Raven's hand making the two boys widen their eyes. "Damn!" She roughly slammed the pliers down on the table, getting irritated and stressed.

Jasper took a step closer to Raven. "You need now that, you know, you almost blew one off?"

Raven cracked a smile then went back to being serious. "I got this."

Leo worriedly looked down at his hand and then at the bullet. "That could have been me." He whispered to himself.

Leo grabbed the wet cloth near the table and motioned it forward to Raven.

Raven looked at him with her brows furrowed, confused about what he was trying to do. "What is this?"

"A rag?" Leo looked at her, letting the cloth fall out of his hand and onto Raven's hand. He then lightly put his right hand on top of his left hand to pat. "You put the rag-"

"I know what a rag is." Raven moved the cloth onto her burn. She questioned the gesture in her head but did put the cloth against the small burn on her hand. She had a confused smile on her face, "Why are you being nice?"