14ᵁⁿⁱᵗʸ ᴰᵃʸ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

"ᴿⁱᵍʰᵗ, 'ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᴵ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇˡᵒʷ ᵘᵖ?"

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

It was Unity day and of course, there was Chancellor Jahas's face on the small screen. For some reason, even on the ground, Leo was unable to escape the council.

"My friends, this is a historic Unity Day. Every year, we mark the moment our ancestors of the twelve stations joined to form the Ark, but this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year, on the ground."

Behind the Chancellor were other adults gathered who applauded him after the speech was finished.

Miller scoffed out at Jaha's speech, looking away from the tv screen. "Right. After we did all the work." He motioned his hand amongst himself and the others beside him.

"Preach." Leo had a small smile in agreement with Miller. He gave him a side fist bump as he stood beside him.

Miller had a friendly smile back that Leo had agreed with him. He looked at the screen to see Jaha talking again. "Now, someone shut him up."

"You shut up, Miller." Raven turned her head to Miller and then kept her attention on the screen. "No one's forcing you to watch."

Leo lightly laughed, a smile staying on his face when he received a look from Miller. Raven then put her attention on Leo with a look pointed at him because he was the other one who was trash-talking unity day. That made him stop smiling, "Hey, Miller, wait up." Leo took a few steps backward to leave the crowd then followed after Miller.

There was a familiar voice that came out from the bush with a loud cheer. "Whoo! Yeah!"

"Monty strikes again!" Jasper has his goggles on as he held up a bucket, cheering. "Hey! Hey! Call this batch unity juice! Who's thirsty?"

Everyone circled Jasper, even Leo was there to get some of the unity juice. Sure, he wasn't a huge fan of unity day but he was definitely not going to turn this down.

That was how they spent the day. They ate and drank till nightfall. Most of them at least. There were just a few people that Leo didn't spot, like Raven for one. Not that he cared because she annoyed the life out of him. The more Leo thought about Raven, the more he wanted to find her just to annoy her.

It was nightfall and Leo drank the last of the juice from the cup. He put it onto one of the tables and discreetly walked around the camp. He walked past Finn's tent only to see that it was empty.

"Hm." Eventually, Leo quickly found a tent, the mechanic's tent. "Knock, knock, Leo is now entering the tent." He peeked his head in with a smile to only see Raven. His eyes glanced over her, seeing her ponytail up with her jacket on, "How unexpected. You're not naked."

A light scoff was heard out the girl's mouth. She placed the plier's tool down on the table with a shut smile, "It kind of sounds like you were hoping to find me naked."

Leo couldn't tell if she looked annoyed or not but he wasn't. "That depends." He fully walked into the tent, letting it close behind him. Yet, he still kept his distance from the girl who was sitting on a stool by the table. He kept his eyes on her though, "Finn's not going mysteriously to pop up, is he?"

"He's too busy trying to defend the grounders." Raven's voice snapped, sounding irritated at that fact.

Leo slowly glanced away with an exhale, "We did torture one for him."

"Ugh." A groan clearly came out of Raven's mouth. She pointed past Leo, "You can leave now. I don't need to hear another person defending those damn grounders."

Instead, Leo took a step forward, ignoring her hand to look down at the table, seeing bullets. Then he looked around, connecting the dots, "Wow, that is a lot of gunpowder and bullets. Hey, so, where is Finn?"

"I thought you came in here to annoy me." Raven had her back facing the table as she looked up at the tall boy. She spoke with sarcasm, "But really you came looking for your new best friend? You just missed him and his lecture on how we should try to be civil with the grounders."

Leo looked to the side, "Well..."

"Again? How can you take his side?" Raven deeply sighed, now annoyed with both the boys who seemed to hate each other. "Don't you hate him or whatever rivalry you two have? And aren't you all about violence?"

Leo looked away from the bullets on the table. "Sure. Maybe if I was the only one who would get hurt but not...Not them. Most of them are still kids." He motioned his hand out the tent. "We've already lost some. So, if we have a chance to be civil with the grounders then I would take it."

Normally, Leo would be very annoyed with the grounders, especially after how two of them just used a sword on him but he didn't want to start a war. He knew that, that is what would happen. He didn't want all of the people to be dragged into it. The grounders weren't just ark guards that you can mess with. The grounders were killers and they wouldn't just put you up in a cell and float you. Considering how well Octavia's boyfriend was during the torture session, Leo can say that the grounders probably do well with their own torture. Definitely, much better than whatever Bellamy and his group of lackeys.

Raven looked aside at all the bullets and crates. "You think we should try to keep peace and talk with the grounders?"

"They don't do much talking." Leo walked over to the crates of ammo.

"Don't touch that." Raven quickly told Leo upon seeing him about to touch one of the bullets.

Leo froze his hands just above the magazine clip in the crate, "Right, 'cause I could blow up?" He spoke with sarcasm, adding a light laugh.

Raven looked at him with a serious look. Then chuckled to herself without a word, going back to face her table, working on the bullets.

Leo looked at Raven, worried, then back at the ammo crates. "Wait, seriously, Raven, can these blow up if I-"

"This obviously isn't your specialty." Raven laughed again then shook her head. "Go back and party with the others. You've taken away a lot of time already."

Leo nodded his head, taking a few steps backward. "You are one hundred percent right...partying is my specialty." He then put his palms together as if he were praying. He spoke in a teasing playful tone, "And please, never try to electrocute me."

Hearing his words had brought a restful smile to Raven's face. "Fine, I'd just have to cut your fingers off instead."

"Be careful with that joke," Leo said in a low voice to her, being a bit serious. "Someone here actually got their fingers cut off." He then smiled to make it seem like he wasn't serious.

This only made her smile too, letting the seriousness go away.

Just as Leo was about to exit the tent, she spoke, "Leo, I like you better when you're not an ass."

Leo froze by the exit of the tent. He looked at the fabric of the tent with a small smile. He kept the smile on his face as he stayed quiet for a second before speaking, "Are you staring at my ass right now?"

Raven picked her eyes up, now glancing down at him from his words. "Get the hell out of my tent."

Leo stifled a laugh at hearing her annoyed tone but somehow he knew she was smiling. 

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━