20ᴬⁿᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ˢᵉᵃʳᶜʰ ᴾᵃʳᵗʸ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

"ᴵ'ᵐ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇʳᵃⁱⁿˢ ᵗᵒ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵇʳᵃʷⁿˢ"

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

It was still nightfall except now it was much darker and the camp lit up with light around the dark tall trees that surrounded their camp. Murphy and Leo had accomplished more than expected when working together with the fish. Maybe that was only because Octavia joined them that night. Except, there was just one hunting party that wasn't back, Finn, Clarke, and Myles. As a result, a search party was formed. Raven went with Octavia and they both had weapons while Leo went with Monty. However, Bellamy had searched alone. They were all split because they had something they didn't before, miracle walkie-talkies.

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

While walking beside Leo, Monty kept his hand on the radio in case anything happened since they were out of camp and it was extremely dark. He kept his eyes forward as he started a conversation, "Hey, I'm like the brains to your brawns."

Through the darkness, Leo smiled at Monty's statement but when he turned to look at Monty, Leo formed a serious straight facial expression. "Are you saying that I have no brain?"

"Uh, I..." Monty froze in place then quickly went to speak, hearing the seriousness in Leo's voice. "No. I meant nothing like that. Really. You are smart even if people say otherwise I think you're smarter than you lead on."

Leo lightly laughed, patting Monty on the shoulder as he went to walk ahead. "I'm messing with you, Monty. I know that you're brilliant when compared to someone like me. I guess you are like the sword to our shield." He then shined a smile at Monty who smiled at being relieved that Leo wasn't going to bite his head off.

Monty looked down at the ground with his brows furrowed then back up at Leo. "That's actually a really good analogy. The sword to our shield. The brains give the brawns the ability to fight like Raven making the bullets for you brutes to shoot them."

A light sniffed chuckle came out of Leo's mouth as he looked forward into the darkness, speaking in a low voice, "I can't believe you just called me a brute."

Monty turned his head to the dark trees, upon hearing something that startled him. "You hear that right?" He hurried to bring the walkie up to his mouth before speaking. "Is anyone else hearing this signal?"

"Just keep your eyes open," Ravens' voice was heard on walkie in Montys' hand.

Leo turned his head to the right, trying to figure out what that sound was but with the dark in these jungles, you could hardly see anything. "I hear it too. What the hell is that?"

"I think it's the same thing we heard in the black box." Monty continued to speak through the walkie.

"Damn it, Monty, Leo, pay attention," Bellamy told him through the walkie. "Do you guys see anything?"

Monty and Leo tried their best to look at anything but it was just so dark. The two walked only a few feet away from each other. They didn't bring any torches with them because a hunting party didn't come back so they thought of the worst. Bringing lights could attract unwanted attention.

"Oh, my god."

Leo heard Monty's voice from behind him. When he turned around his eyes slightly widened as he stared. "Monty–"

Minutes Later,

"Monty, Leo, we're heading home," Bellamy spoke into the radio on his end after they had just found Myles. There was no answer so he tried again. "Monty, can you hear me?" He should have gotten an answer from Monty because he was the one who had the walkie while Leo had the assault rifle. This caused Raven and Octavia to turn their attention to Bellamy from the silence they got. "Monty..." He tried it again. "Leo..." He tried to get in contact with another try but nothing. "Where the hell are you guys? Report."

Raven snatched the radio from Bellamy's hand. She quickly lifted it up to her mouth, "Leo. Answer me."

There was no response so Octavia tried, "Guys? Monty? Leo?"

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

Confusion. White flashes filled Leo's eyes as he woke up in the jungle, alone. His body jolted forward and up at remembering the last events that happened. He felt his body moving backward on its own and he immediately wrapped his arms around the very branches that supported his body.

Leo had fallen asleep in the trees. He looked down at the ground with confusion then back up from the height he was at. "How...?" He furrowed his brow, "What in the hell?"

He couldn't remember anything and he certainly didn't remember climbing up onto a tree. Hell, he didn't even know he could climb this high on a tree.

"Remember, Leo. Why can't I-" He whispered to himself with a recollection of the memory. He then quickly spoke, "Monty called them hazmat suits."

There were people in hazmat suits with gas masks. They encountered Monty first and shot a tranquilizer at him. Then they missed the shot on Leo because he had caught them by surprise. This let him have enough time to fight back. These people were different. They weren't grounders. The only problem was that Leo couldn't fully remember all the details. He only knew something bad had happened and hoped for the memories to hurry up.

"Monty?" Leo snapped his head around the jungle. The only thought that ran through his head was, Monty.

Leo gripped onto the tree, slowly trying to get down. He was closer to the ground but then let out a loud shriek as his left hand lost contact against the tree. His body hit the ground with a grunt. He felt pain in his left hand and index finger. Leo silently shouted at his finger as he brought his hand up towards his face, trying to get the wooden splinter out of his skin which worked.

When Leo realized he was on the ground he quickly jumped up to his feet. He then patted himself, turning the gun around. "Okay, I have a gun." He lifted one finger out to start listing, "And I'm alone." That was two fingers. "And uh..." Leo looked up then turned around. "I have no idea where the hell I am?"

Each direction looked the same. He put his hands together to pray, "Please, point me in the right direction." He closed his eyes, turning all around until he stopped.

Opening his eyes, that's the direction he walked to.

After about ten steps that way, Leo soon figured out that it was the wrong way because he heard screaming and shouting coming from the other direction. People were yelling at each other which was most likely, definitely his people.

During his walk, he took the magazine clip out from the rifle, and his brows slightly furrowed. Leo counted them beforehand because Raven made a huge deal out of it. It came in handy because he noticed that there was one bullet missing.

"Right." Leo nodded, remembering another detail, "I shot one of them and they screamed."

The direction led him to the camp and the entry gates were unwatched, no one was on duty.

"Hey!" Leo walked into the camp seeing everyone huddled in a circle. "Why the hell is no one on watch?"

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

A/N

Did yall notice anything...the pairs in the beginning of the chapter

Raven and Octavia / Leo and Monty 

Brains/Brawns -Balanced out