18ᴴᵘⁿᵗⁱⁿᵍ ˢᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

"ᴴᵒʷ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᴵ ᶜʰᵉᵃᵗ⁻"

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

Training the delinquents to shoot a gun was hard when they didn't have the annunciation to spare. They were limited and Raven was trying to find a way to make more bullets while Jasper was trying to cook up more gunpowder. Clarke ended up giving Murphy a second chance, meaning he was able to stay and she was also able to make Bellamy not go against her.

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

"Whoa! Guys!"

"Fire!"

"Go! Go! Go!"

Hearing all the loud ruckus, the delinquent on the watchtower turned around, wondering what it was. He lowered his gun to take a step down the ladder.

Leo saw that the guy was about to leave his post, so he raised his voice, "Hey, stay on lookout." He pointed at the gate, forcing the guy to stay there while Leo went to see what the commotion was himself.

It was the meat house that was currently on fire and Murphy was fighting one of the others just outside.

Leo stood there with a small smile, finding slight entertainment in the small fight as the fire was in the background. He probably, really should have broken up the fight by now but he didn't.

"A little help!" Bellamy told Leo while hurrying past him to break the fight up.

Leo went to help without saying a word. Just as Murphy went to charge at the guy again, Leo grabbed his shoulders, pushing him back away.

"Stop! Save it for the grounders." Bellamy shouted at each of the two who were fighting.

"Well, now what the hell are we gonna do?" Octavia watched the fire burn. "That was all the food."

Everyone watched the fire grow, not knowing what to do with their source of food now. All they had were nuts and onions which wasn't pleasing. They had just hunted for food not that long ago after the whole high-off-nuts situation.

Leo looked away from the fire and to Bellamy, "I guess we're hunting, again."

"Just wait." Bellamy looked down at the ground, not wanting to see all the burnt meat. "There's a whole grounder army out there."

Before Leo could get another word in, Bellamy walked away to try and find another plan. In the end, Clarke said they'd have to hunt because they couldn't defend themselves if they were starving.

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

In the dropship, Bellamy informed everyone of the hunt, "Each group takes someone with a gun, and they're for killing grounders, not food. Use the spears for hunting. Get what you can. Be back by nightfall. No one stays out after dark."