10ˢᵉᵃʳᶜʰ ᴾᵃʳᵗʸ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

"ᴴᵃᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵉᵉⁿ ᴼᶜᵗᵃᵛⁱᵃ?"

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

Since the space girl joined the ground, she, Raven Reyes had taken control of the camp, trying to salvage anything from the radio and the pod all the way till night. On the other hand, Leo watched them, farther away from the group that was trying to find a way to communicate with the ark. He looked down with a stick in his hand which was pointed at the ground. Where would Murphy go? What direction? If only Leo had gone with Murphy that day to go after Charlotte then he would be able to know but he didn't. He regretted not going with Murphy because now his friend was out there all alone. It was guilt. He wasn't at his friends' side and it wasn't the first time. They were both terrible friends to each other but still in the end they were friends. They had more downs and ups.

A pair of legs stopped in front of Leo. A familiar rough and feminine voice spoke down at him. "You planning on helping or just sitting on your ass all day?"

"Let me think about that." Leo looked up at the girl and then past her to the night sky. "No, my ass is quite comfortable right here."

"You're lazy and self-centered?" Raven crossed her arms, looking down at him.

A smile formed on his face as he leaned back while sitting on the tree log. Leo glanced to look at her, seeing a very irritated facial expression, "Maybe you can join me if you take that stick out of yours."

Raven quickly raised both her brows, staring at him. No words came out of her mouth as she was stunned by his words. She scoffed a laugh and looked away. Then she stopped her sarcastic smile with a serious expression while looking at him, "I'm about to shove one up yours."

Leo stood up from the log, now looking down at her. "I'd like to see you try."

"What is your problem?" Raven shook her head. "People are going to die and now part of it is your fault-"

"No." Leo raised his voice to cut her off. Now his face was serious as he talked. "People will die because the council agreed to kill them. That's how the Ark works. I'm not in space. I didn't kill them. I didn't pull any trigger or lever. I didn't banish anyone."

Raven stared at him, listening to his words. She didn't get mad but she was still irritated at his way of thinking. "We could have warned them."

"Not my problem." Leo sighed and walked past her, "Don't take it personal, sweetheart. I wanted to punch Finn the first day here."

That was the last of their conversation. However, not too far from Leo from a girl who had heard their conversation.

"Why aren't you really helping?" Now it was Harper there. She walked out from behind him and to the side of him. "I went to Monty and the work that he's trying to do is contacting the Ark. You knew he's trying to help the Ark but...I don't get it. I don't get you."