Chapter 2

12 Years Ago

" Remember y/n, this is your last playdate before the summer holidays end, okay? After that, playdates will only be allowed on weekends." Mama reminds me once she helps me wear my small pink backpack.

We all are meeting at Jennie's house today, she invited us all for a playdate. I'm sad that the holidays are coming to an end but at least we will be starting first grade now, all of us - together. Mama said I have to study hard so I can be successful in my life and I want to make all her wishes come true so I will listen to her.

" Yes Mama, I know." I turn around and smile to her before hugging her tightly. She giggles a little making me smile wider knowing I caused my mum to laugh. She leans her upper body down a little and kisses me on my head, smelling my hair as she rests her forehead on my head.

" Aish, you're growing up so fast" She says before returning her position and I pull away from her hug. Giving her another smile. I never understand what she means when she says that, I feel the same as I was all the time - I don't know why she thinks I'm growing up, I'll always be the same.

" Dada said I will always be your little girl no matter how big I am" I tell her proudly, she gives me a chuckle before giving me another warm smile.

" Dada is right, you will always be my little girl" She says before holding her hand out for me to take, I quickly intertwine my hand with hers. The size different in our hand being so visibly seen making me giggle to myself.

" Now, let's head over to Jennie's house before we are late" She adds and I just nod as she opens the door for me and I jump down the few steps of the porch, hearing mama scold me for not being careful. She locks the door before coming to take hold of my hand again, both of us now walking across the different streets to Jennie's house.

I kept jumping and kicking the rocks on the floor while I told my mama what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I wanted to be a rock-star.

Rock stars look so cool in their outfits and electric guitars. Mama says that I'll change my mind when I get older but I don't think so. She says that I will be a doctor for animals because I love animals and know so much about the different species.

I do love animals, but rockstar seems cooler.

We make it to Jennie's house and I look up to see her huge white and blue mansion. She even has a swimming pool. And she has so many animals - she has 3 dogs, 2 cats and even some rabbits, I love spending time with her pets.

" Alright, we're here. I'll just go drop you off and say a quick hello to Jennie's mother" Mama says as we both walk to their front door, the guards letting us in without asking when they saw us.

Mama rings the doorbell and we wait for a couple seconds before the door opens with Jennie's mother standing, a huge smile plastered across her face.

" Ah y/n! Y/m/n, lovely to see you both!" She greets us happily, my mother saying the same thing to her. I just stare at my shoes while my mum and her mum talk to each other, laughing loudly.

I love mama but I want her to go so I can see the others quickly, I hate waiting.

Before I can even ask her mother if I can go see Jennie, I see a little bit of her from behind where her mother is standing. She's wearing blue shorts with a white shirt on top. As soon as she sees me, without wasting another second - I run past her mother and into Jennie.

Both of us giggling as we hug each other tightly like we hadn't just seen each other two days ago.

" Awh" I can hear our mums say in adore at us hugging.