Chapter 18

1 week ago

Everything has been weird for me. Most of all, everyone has been acting strange or maybe it's just me who's being paranoid. Either way, everything feels different. Like I don't belong in this world anymore. Friends have been leaving the country for their studies or some have just dropped out of school.

The only four people that I considered my best friends are acting like someone they aren't. It's almost like they all are snakes and shedding their skin, letting their inner self come out.

They've been growing this weird possessiveness around me and I absolutely hate it. Duo one and Duo two hate each other now so it's like we never hang out anymore. To be completely honest, I stopped hanging out much with them.

It's not that I don't like them but there is this part of me that doesn't feel safe around them anymore. They give me these weird chills that I get creeped out by, it's their persona that's changed and it gives weird vibes, like they are some sort of danger. I'm a horrible person for thinking like this of my best friends but I can't help it. Emotions are the one thing no one can stop or control.

But still, I've grown more worry of them. Jennie and Lisa have straight up disappeared for over a week now. No one has heard anything from them, not even Jisoo and Rosé. I went to their houses a few times but no one answered. I've left them thousands of texts and voice messages but I haven't gotten a response. I'm just beginning to get so worried of them.

I look up to the sky and see the grey clouds, it might start raining soon. And with that, I fast walk towards my home not before my phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out only to see a message from Jisoo and Rosé in our group chat so I open to read what they need to say.

Hopefully that Jennie and Lisa are found and they were just playing some sick prank on us. They both are rich so it is like hard for them to be put in danger as they sometimes have guards around them, but I am still worried.

I open the text message only to roll my eyes at it.

Jisoo
Don't go home.
7:57pm

Jisoo
Y/n, listen to me. It's not safe.
7:57pm

Jisoo

I know you are reading this, I see you online.
7:57pm

Rosie
Oh fuck, come on, please.
7:58pm

Jisoo
Listen to us this one time.
7:58pm

Rosie
Please.
7:58pm

I'm tired of this possessiveness. It's getting extremely annoying and I just want them to stop. They probably don't even want me around my parents anymore. I mute my phone and put it back in my pocket. I'm not listening to them, I'm not theirs and they should know that by now. They might always claim me as theirs, but I am not. I'm my own individual and I don't belong to anyone.

I notice the grey clouds once again and fast walk home to home again, running the last few feet until I'm unlocking the door to my house. I place my bag on the ground and take my shoes off.

" Mama, Papa, I'm home!" My voice echos out the house. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion when no one responds. Usually, mama would be showering me with kisses the second I entered the house. She is probably just in the shower.

I drop the keys on the counter top and make my way to the living room, about to jump on the couch when I yelp in surprise.

" Lisa, Jennie?!" I run up to them and give them the tightest hug. I haven't seen them in a week, how the hell are they just showing up at my house right now.

" Where have you been, you just ghosted us for a whole week without a note!" I yell at them, pulling away. But what confuses me is how they both remain silent with a small smile on their faces. Now this is weird. They don't say anything so I clear my throat, " I'll get you guys some snacks, just give me a second." I tell them, going around the couch and making my way to the kitchen.