Chapter 3

11 years ago

" excited are we?" Mama asks, my smile growing bigger as I stand with my four best friends in-front of our new school. Finally we're starting first grade, together.

" Very" And just then, the school bell went off, indicating it was time for school to start. Mama crouched down and I could see a tear rolling down her cheek while she smiled widely, kissing me on my cheeks and telling me I'm becoming a big girl now.

" Alright, don't let your emotional mama keep you from being late. Good luck to all of you, look after each other okay?" Mama tells all of us and we all nod quickly, already getting excited for our first day.

We say our goodbyes once again before all of us run hand in hand to the school entrance, so many different types of kids going inside as well.

" Hello girls, what class are you in?" A woman stands inside the hallway and we all look at her confused until she looks down at the clipboard in her hands.

" What are your names?" She asks. Before anyone has a chance to reply, Jennie replies for everyone.

" I'm Jennie Kim, that's Lalisa Manoban, and this is Jisoo Kim, Park Roseanne and also y/n y/l/n" Jennie tells her, the women in-front of us glances at her clipboard before looking at all of us.

" Alright girls, follow me - you're all in the same class" She tells us and we all squeal in excitement. She guides us through the huge hallways and all of us just look around the building in fascination.

I peeked through a door on the left and saw a park, I couldn't get a good enough look of it but I was already excited to spend my time there.

The woman lead us into a room which was filled with tables and chairs. There were shelves on the side that were filled with books and board games - this looked like heaven.
Almost in sync, all of us looked at each other with pure shock on our faces.

What I was even more excited about was how many kids were in the room. There were about 10 others and I couldn't wait to get to know them and make more friends.

" Alright girls, go take a seat. Your teacher will be here very soon" The woman who guided us here said, we all nodded and thanked her before walking to the seats in the first row, all of us sitting next to each other without question.

None of us said anything as all we did was observe the classroom. I noticed one of the kids staring at me and I waved at her enthusiastically and she waved back, making me smile.

Soon, someone came inside the room. A girl who looked like she was in her 20's, she was really pretty. She had a huge smile plastered on her face and greeted us all.

" Hi everyone, I'm Miss Chan and I'll be your class teacher - I'm excited to get to know you all but before that, let me take the attendance. I want you to say your name and your favourite food when I call your name out." Miss Chan said happily while she walked over to her desk and took a seat, opening up her laptop in the process.

I could see that Lisa and Rosé were a little nervous for speaking out loud since they are a little more shy while me, Jennie and Jisoo are more confident. I held Lisa's hand and gave her a smile trying to reassure her, I couldn't hold Rosé's hand since she was two seats away but I could already see Jisoo holding her hand.

" Ella, My favourite food is pizza" The first girl replies when Miss Chan calls her name. The list keeps going until Jennie's name is called.

" Jennie, I like dumplings" Jennie said making the four of us giggle softly. Her dumpling cheeks have always been a joke amongst us so her answer was ironic.