Chapter 15

3 Years Ago

Finally, it's break. And finally, I've convinced all of them to go out with me. It wasn't easy, I'll tell you that, but they agreed in the end. All four of them practically avoid each other at any chance they get. They share a few classes but pretty much don't speak to each other.

It's like I'm the glue of the group.

The only reason they all sometimes talk to each other is because of me. If I didn't exist, then they would probably kill each other. Kidding. They would never do that. I get that they are starting to dislike each other, but it won't ever go to the extent of them killing each other.

The reason for their sudden dislike for each other is still a mystery to me. Splitting up with our subjects doesn't give them any reason to hate on each other, which only makes me confused, but every time I bring it up, they get mad. We don't even hang much anymore due to the amount of work we get from school, so whenever we do, I try not to upset them.

It's a lot of pressure on me, pressure that I'll be the reason our promise breaks, not that it isn't already starting to break. This can't help but make me feel a little guilty that this is my fault. It's my fault that they suddenly don't like each other. It's my fault that we're splitting up. It is my fault that our promise is breaking.

With all this guilt consuming me, spring break was the perfect opportunity for me to rewind the hate for each other we hold. Make them remember the good times we had as kids, which is why we are here right now.

At the butterfly park.

We came here more than once with our mothers and always had a great time. This might be their awakening call. Hopefully, at least. I don't know how much longer I can go with this guilt constantly eating me up.

"Stop standing so close to her." Jisoo grits out as Jennie scoots closer to me, only giving her a smirk in the process when she hooks her arm between mine. I quickly pulled my arm away, making Jennie glare at me and Jisoo smirk. This is supposed to be a day where I am stress-free. I will not let them bring their petty attitude here. I'm here to fix things, not be the problem. I didn't sign up for that, or anything like this for that matter, but here I am still.

"Enough all of you. If you want to continue acting like bitches, then leave. If not, then spread a smile across your face and drop the attitude. We're here to have fun, not argue. " My stern voice has all of them stop the daggers they are sending to each other and take a sigh, nodding and looking back at me.

"All right. Now hug each other. " All of them groaned in response. Expected. Nonetheless, I stand in my spot with crossed arms and watch them. I'm not leaving until they do. They all finally give in and hesitantly hug each other in a group hug, clearly uncomfortable with the angry looks on their faces. Once they pull apart after a literal second, I pass them the tickets for the park and head for the entrance with all four trailing behind me.

I instantly ran towards the grass field with all of them running behind me, making me let out a few giggles. They were like little ducks following me. I loved it.

I laid down on the grass field, panting. Damn, I haven't ran in a long time. I should start jogging more often; I did it everyday before school started becoming a pain in the ass. Everyone else sat around me, clearly not out of breath since they all maintained fit bodies. I mean, I did too, but not as seriously as they did. Once I caught my breath, I smiled, remembering a memory before propping up to my elbows. All four of them had smiles plastered across their expressions while they looked at me with eyes only showing love.

"I remember being scared of you, Jisoo and Rosé, when we came here as kids." I laughed at the fear I had of them, but my confession only made the two furrow their brows as they told me to justify what I meant.