Chapter 8

9 Years Ago

" Guys, meet Carina - she will be part of our friend group!" I enthusiastically voiced out once I had dragged Carina to where the others stood. We had already left the bus and the teacher was giving out name badges to everyone with the teacher and schools number on it in case we got lost.

They all gave me weird looks which made me glance at Carina to find her standing a bit uncomfortably.

" Are you not going to introduce yourselves?" I asked the four of them, a little annoyed with their attitude. I was excited and I know Carina isn't someone that is very sociable, the least they could do is at least say hi.

" hey"

" hi"

" hello"

" hey"

They all plainly said, their voices laced with boredom. I didn't like how they were acting.

" Can you stop being so dry? Just welcome a new friend into our group, you all are being extremely rude right now." I cross my arms as I speak to them sternly, I was pissed at their attitude too.

" Okay fine." Jennie spoke up first before she crossed her arms and stepped towards me and Carina, standing opposite Carina while crossing her arms.

" leave." Jennie demanded strictly. I looked at her with wide eyes and stepped in the middle of her and Carina, only to be pulled back by Lisa.

" Hey, stop that Jennie!" I demanded, but she only looked back to glare at me. I tried pushing Lisa off, but she did not let go.

I saw already that Carina was tearing up, signalling she was about to cry but she kept a strong face. No, what is wrong with Jennie.

" Carina, no. Don't leave, please." I begged her, as she stared at the ground. Controlling the tears that were threatening to leave her eyes. I felt awful, I just wanted to introduce someone in our friend group and they all are being really mean towards her. I never even thought Jennie could be so mean. She is bossy sometimes but I never saw this rude side of hers and I wasn't liking it a bit.

" I don't want to see you near y/n again. Leave right now or else I will slap you." Jennie demanded. I gasped at what she said and before I had any time to say something, Carina ran off somewhere. I tried running after her only to realise Lisa was still holding me back. My heart broke into pieces when I saw her crying. Jennie had never threatened someone before, she was always such a sweetheart and I never expected her to say the words she did.

Tears were slowly building in my eyes, but I blinked them away. I'm not talking to them, they are being horrible right now.

" Leave me, Lisa." I spoke sternly as I pulled away further. Jennie gave Lisa a look before she let go of me. I pulled my jacket back up my shoulders again and attempted to go after Carina but Jennie stepped in my way.

" Don't, or else I'll get her in trouble." Jennie threatened, making me stop in my steps. I literally couldn't believe it, how could she be acting like this? I glanced at Jisoo and Rosé but they didn't seem the least bit affected by what had just happened.

" Don't come near me." I spoke sternly before walking off and standing at the side myself while I waited for the teacher to come give me a name badge. I didn't even recognise who they were despite knowing them for years. It was like something possessed her because I never saw acting this way and wouldn't even imagine it.

Rosé came after me, but I ignored her; even when she was tapping my shoulder.

" Don't be mad" She pleaded with her eyes but I just huffed at her, continuing to ignore her.