Chapter 12

7 Years Ago

I smile ear to ear once I enter the huge party room. Music is blasting and lots of people are talking to each other with their complimentary drinks. I have my arm hooked with papa's so I tip toe, trying to spot Jennie, Lisa, Rosé or Jisoo.

But instead, I feel a pair of hands covering my eyes, making me giggle as I unhooked my arms with papa.

" Guess who?" It was Rosé, I could recognise their voices from miles away.

" Sounds like a chipmunk to me." I responded with a chuckle, I heard a huff before she removed her hands and greeted my dad respectfully before I turned around and engulfed her in a tight embrace.

" We're so old now." She comments and I agree with her, laughing. It's not long until we hear yells of our name and turning around, we see the others in the crowd, jumping and waving towards us. I grab Rosé's hand and start dragging her towards the others where we greeted each other and began dancing to the music.

The night went by quickly. We drank and we danced. We cut the cake celebrating us turning teenagers before we went out into the garden and sat there. Unlike the party room, outside here was peaceful. The only noise that could be heard was the soft chirping of crickets. We all were drunk as fuck but we were happy and having the time of our lives.

We made promises too. Promises that we'd always stay as one. As a whole. We promised each other even when we go to university, we would never forget each other. It's always been us five together and it will always be.

-

Slowly, weeks went by and we have entered secondary. It's only been a week since school has started but I've never had more fun in school, ever. Although, right now I am quite bored. It's the last period before lunch will start and I'm already dying for food.

" Ugh, when is lunch gonna start" I grumbled impatiently to rosé who was sitting next to me - clearly hungry and annoyed.

" Patience y/n, just 3 more minutes" She replied to me, trying to sound enthusiastic when she was clearly impatient and hungry for lunch as well.

I watched as our english teacher was talking about a Shakespeare book and his use of specific words, it was so boring. I stared at the clock and watched each second pass by, it felt like an hour that only a minute had past. I returned my focus to the english teacher and tried to pay attention but my mind was too occupied with the thought of delicious food entering my stomach.
And what seemed like a decade later - the bell rang and I practically jumped from my seat and packed my bag as quick as the speed of light.

" Rosie, hurry" I whined impatiently, she rolled her eyes in a joking manner before packing up quicker and taking a hold of my hand.

" Alright, let's go" we walked out the classroom quickly with our hands intertwined with each other - hurrying to the cafeteria. The closer we got to the cafeteria, the more louder the noise became and when we had entered the cafeteria...well it was chaos - as usual.

Everyone had their own group where they'd sit at their usual table, the chattering and yells from them were loud. There was a long-ass line for the food since it was a Monday today, luckily I brought my own food though. I tiptoed a little to find my usual table when Rosie chuckled beside me

" Shortie" She mumbled, ruffing my hair and messing it up making me glare at her and telling her to shut up in an annoyed tone. I let go of my hand that she was holding and walked to our usual table - Jisoo and Jennie were already sitting there and had waved when they noticed me walking towards them. I sat down and hurriedly took my food out from my bag, quickly opening the ziplock bag and taking a big bite of my ham and cheese sandwich - causing me to softly moan in satisfaction.