Chapter 10

8 Years Ago

Finally, it's recess. The loud ring of the school bell rings and all the kids start cheering for their break. Some are already running down to the basketball court while some are staying behind in class to finish their homework.

I quickly zip up my bag and wait for the others by the classroom door. It still feels a little strange for the four of them to start being annoyed with each other, but I'm going to ease up in telling them to stop.

They all head over to me once they are done packing up and it's almost like they fight to stand beside me. It's getting extremely annoying.

" Stop. Either you all fix this attitude of yours or I'm going to recess by myself." I demand, all of them throw glares at each other before they sigh and nod at me. But I'm still not convinced. I feel like it's an act for a minute and the next minute they'll be arguing again.

" Pinky promise with each other that you'll stop the arguing." I demand once more. They all look shocked and I know for a fact they don't want to but they have to anyways, at least if they want me talking to them.

They all pinky promise each other and mumbled apologies as well. It's not much, but it's enough to be convinced for. If they break the promise, they'll just wish they didn't afterwards.

We all finally walk out the classroom and head down the stairs, everything seems normal now. We are talking and laughing at our own stupid jokes, it's like how it was before. It's a sad thought that one day we might drift apart when we go to university, I only hope that day never arrives. We might go through ups and downs sometimes, but it's never to the extent that we will never speak to each other again.

Once we're downstairs, I head over to the long line of the canteen and they follow behind me. We're all talking until it's our turn in the line and we buy our snacks before making our way to the tables.

Even though they all are laughing to each other like nothing happened in the past few days, it still feels a bit weird to me. I'm not sure why I feel that way though. It's like a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach that all of this is an act, and they are fake. I quickly shake off the thoughts. How could I even think of that when I have the world's best humans sitting beside me? I'm just being paranoid and ungrateful and I should stop.

" Yah y/n/n!" Rosé snaps me out of my thoughts when she throws a popcorn at my face. I quickly shake my head and pick up the popcorn on my lap before throwing it back her way with a small giggle.

" What's on your mind?" Jisoo asks while her brows raised. I just shrug my shoulders and continue eating my snacks.

" Nothing important."

We spend the rest of the recess talking and catching up on each other while also talking about how excited we were to enter high school. It wasn't long away until we did and we were beyond pumped. One of the main reasons is probably cause Jennie's dad is going to be the principle of our school. We all decided long ago we'd all go to the same high school since Jennie's dad is the principle of a prestigious school. I'm so excited to make more fun memories there, even though it will be a little sad saying goodbye to this school of ours.

" So, we were planning a sleepover at Lisa's house, we're gonna throw ourselves our own party!" Jennie squealed excitedly, making me giggle softly and I nodded.

" Okay then, I just need to inform my parents and gather my things from home." I reply and they all nod. I know we're going to have a good time together, like all our sleepovers have been.

It makes me smile at the thought of us all together, knowing we'd do anything to never drift apart from each other.

6 Years Ago