Sympathy for the Parents

Solace knocks on the bathroom door, walking in a second later to see Meredith sitting on the toilet and Alex in the shower, sticking his soap covered head out the door, "Okay, I officially think we are all way to comfortable with each other

Solace knocks on the bathroom door, walking in a second later to see Meredith sitting on the toilet and Alex in the shower, sticking his soap covered head out the door, "Okay, I officially think we are all way to comfortable with each other."

"I second that." Alex says.

Solace looks between the two of them, "Alright, what was so important I had to rush over here before rounds for?"

"Derek wants me to have a baby."

"Izzie sent the divorce papers."

They both say at the same time.

"Right." Solace nods, digesting the information. She turns to Alex first, "Alex, you asked her to leave and never come back. You're going to be better off. You're a good guy and you know what you deserve. I'm proud of you and I'm here if you want to talk." She turns to Meredith next, head tilted, but she doesn't say anything.

"Hello." Meredith waves at her, "My turn now. Make me feel better."

"I'm trying to decide which one you want."

"What do you mean?" Meredith asks her.

"Supportive go have a baby speech or supportive don't listen to him speech." Solace shrugs.

Meredith squints at her, "Why are they both supportive?"

"Because you'll be just fine with either outcome."

A knock comes from the door, Derek walking in a second later, "Hey Alex—" He notices both girls in the room, "Uh, hey."

"He's being a girl for me." Meredith tells him.

"Dude, it's true." Alex nods.

Solace shrugs, "I'm just being supportive."

"Right." Derek blinks, "Well, theres a guy down stairs, says he's your brother. You want me to send him up here to the bathroom? Since this seems to be where you receive your visitors."

"Uh, tell him to wait." Meredith answers for Alex.

"Right." Derek says, closing the door.

Both Solace and Mer look over to Alex, speaking at the same time, "You have a brother?"

"Yeah." He nods, still stunned from the news.

"Do you want me to go get rid of him?" Meredith asks.

"Crap." Alex whispers, "What's he doing here?"

Solace sighs, "I have to go to the hospital, but, remember, I'm here if you want to talk." Turning back to Meredith, "Tell me which speech you want when you decide for yourself." She kisses her on the forehead as she passes.

Solace walks down the stairs, waving bye to Derek and Lexi, who seems to be in a conversation with the man Solace speculates is Alex's brother.

Glad I don't have to deal with that.