Unaccompanied Minor

"So they're probably gonna fire me." Meredith walks up to Alex at the nurses station, where he Solace and Cristina are, "Are you happy?"

"Oh, come on. They're not gonna—"

"I want your crap out of my house by the end of the day." Meredith interrupts him. Walking away.

"What the hell was that?" Cristina questions him. Alex is stopped from answering when everyone's pager goes off.

On the stairs, Hunt and Webber inform everyone of what's going on, "A 757 went down in the sound. We're looking at about 200 injured passengers. We're the designated crisis center. Families will be instructed to come here to find their loved ones. We're activating surge protocol. Dr.Hunt is gonna be running the show. It's gonna be chaotic. You need to listen carefully. You need to stay focused. Do not contribute to the panic. Now get to your stations."

"Torres you'll be with me. Adler set up the E.R. for triage. Other Grey I want you running the family center. Take over in the cafeteria. Yang, blood bank." Hunt gives out orders.

"Who's the candy man?" Solace asks him.

"Dr.Sloan will be our candyman." Hunt answers her. "Let's be liberal with pain meds for our victims. And sedatives for patients that we are moving. Avery, you can help him out along with Adler. Let's move, people."

"I can't even imagine being in a plane crash." Solace sighs, getting triage ready as Jackson looks over a discharge form for one of the ER patients, getting him ready to be transported to County Hospital.

Jackson shakes his head, "Makes you think twice about wanting to get on a plane again.

"No kidding." Solace snorts. She loves plane rides, having traveled a lot as a child with her dads. The worst that's happened was some turbulence here or there. She shakes her head, not wanting to imagine something like that, and gets back to the job at hand.

***

The ER now being empty, Solace and Alex are sitting at one of the empty beds, Webber coming up to them, "Karev. I want a written account of exactly what you saw, every detail— when, where—"

"Oh, look, sit, I-I don't think that's—"

"I don't want to know what you think. Okay?" Webber tells him, walking away.

Solace looks over to Alex's concerned face, "Hey, it couldn't have been that bad, right?"

"She messed with the trial." Alex looks over at her.

"What do you mean messed with?" Solace questions him, "Like, changed data, altered reports?"

"Like switching the medicine and placebo, changed it." Alex tells her.

Solace gapes at him, "What— she— what?"

Alex nods, "And then I got drunk and told Hunt and now everyone's going to hate me and I'll be homeless by the end of the day."