The Lion Sleeps Tonight

"A lion? An actual Lion?"

Meredith nodded, "Looking at me like I was lunch."

"Are you sure it wasn't a mountain lion?" Cristina questions her, "Or... maybe a well fed cat?"

"I was staring at Simba." Meredith argues.

"So a baby lion?" Solace asks.

Meredith shakes her head, "No! A big, full grown, lion."

Cristina and Solace share a look, both replying with, "Mufasa."

Meredith rolls her eyes, "Fine. I was staring at Mufasa."

"Why do all the super cool things happen to you." Solace sighs.

Meredith snorts, "Must be my super lucky nature." The girls laugh at that before splitting up to go to their perspective rounds.

Solace is in the ER today, grabbing a cape and tying it as she makes her way to the ambulance bay, where Webber and Jackson were also waiting for the incoming trauma, staring each other down.

As the ambulances get closer, Webber says to Jackson, "Try it, son. Try and challenge me."

Jackson smirks at him, both men getting ready to run as the ambulance pulls in. Solace shakes her head, "Boys, lets work together. Yeah?"

Solace is ignored as they both run to the first ambulance, pushing each other as they go. Solace just sighs, shaking her head and making her way to the second ambulance that pulls up.

"32 year old female, with nasty bites, and her abdomen's been eviscerated." The paramedic tells Solace as they wheel the woman into the hospital.

"Kirby, wheres Kirby?" The woman asks.

"Ma'am." Solace tries to comfort her, "I'm Dr.Adler, you are at the hospital. We are going to take care of you."

As they transfer her from the gurney, Solace moves towards her head, "I need to take a look at this neck. Someone page Dr.Bailey and Dr.Hunt. And call up to the OR."

"I need to know if Kirby's okay. Did he get hurt?" The woman asks again.

"I will find out for you, okay? He came in the ambulance just before yours, their working on him now." Solace tells her.

The woman closes her eyes, "No, no. That's Paul. I want to know about Kirby, my lion."

Solace stops what she's doing, looking up to one of the nurses, she shakes away the shock, getting back to work, "Uh, I don't know about, your, lion, but I'll see what we can find out."

Solace is subbing into the surgery when Hunt walks in, "What happened?"

Solace scoffs, "She has a lion for a pet. That's what happened."