With You I'm Born Again

Every cell in the human body, regenerates, on average, every seven years

Every cell in the human body, regenerates, on average, every seven years. Like snakes, in our own way, we shed our skin. Biologically, we're brand new people. We may look the same. We probably do. The change isn't visible. At least not in most of us. But we're all changed. Completely. Forever.

***

"Ohh do red." Solace tells Cristina as they walk down the hall, looking at wedding dresses.

Cristina nods, "I like red. I could do red. Oh, maybe blue."

"Not blue." Solace shakes her head, "Green! Like a dark green."

Meredith and Derek walk out of the elevator arguing as the girls pass, Meredith informing the girls as soon as she see's them, "Derek got arrested. Again. Reckless endangerment."

"Did he lose his license yet?" Cristina asks at the same time Solace looks to Derek, "How fast you get this time?"

"Oh, no, because they don't charge him, because the cops worship him." Meredith complains.

Derek looks to the brunette girl, "120."

"Sweet."

Derek turns to Cristina, "I saved some of their lives."

Meredith looks at the magazines in Cristina's hands, "What are we picking."

"Dress color. I'm not wearing white." Cristina answers her, "It's sexist and... Vaguely Racist. No white, no veil, no rice."

"Well, what will your mother say?" Meredith questions.

"No mother." Cristina groans.

Solace shrugs, "I said Red. Or green."

Meredith sighs, looking to Derek, "You know I didn't get cleared for surgery and I'm pretty sure it's your fault."

"Meredith, I am the chief. I can overrule the counselor."

"You can?" She questions.

"Yes." Derek laughs.

Meredith looks at the magazine, "I love the blue."

"No blue." Solace veto's.

April Kepner walks up to the group, carrying Derek's lab coat, handing it to him, "Chief Shepherd, your back. I found a giant skull base chordoma. Biggest one I've ever seen. He came in to the E.R. with trouble breathing."

Meredith gapes, "You got cleared for surgery?"

"I did."

"Bitch." Meredith comments, making Solace laugh as Cristina says, "I like the brown, too."

As they walk through the doors, everyone gathered around the stairs, a round of applause is given to Derek as he makes his way up.

"Good. Thank you very much. It's uh, it's great to be back. First of all, I'd like to thank Dr.Webber for stepping up in my absence." Derek says, earning another round of applause, "I'm grateful for all of you, for all of your support, during my recovery. Thank you. It's just uh— so great to be back as chief— I uh—." He gets distracted, looking down at the brain scans.