Seal Our Fate

When I was a child, my parents used to read me fairytales before bed

When I was a child, my parents used to read me fairytales before bed. The princess being saved from her tower, the peasant boy slaying a dragon, the frog turning into a king.
The stories would help me fall asleep, keeping away the nightmares that tried to plague my mind.

***

"Did you seriously just ask me to marry you after you almost got yourself blown up?"

"Better time than any, right?" Jackson smiles at her. Solace just rolls her eyes, but she can't help but nod. Truthfully, she didn't mind how he asked her, she's just glad he finally did.

Solace raises a brow to Jackson, "You're telling your mother."

"Oh come on!" Jackson exclaims, trying to catchup to her as she speeds up her pace down the hall, "I had to tell her about Finn!"

"Your mother!" Solace calls out, reaching Meredith's hospital room first, she doesn't knock on the open door, just walking in and seeing the baby in Dr.Bailey's arms.

"Gimmie!" Solace makes grabby hands, groaning when the older woman moves the baby away, "Oh no, me and him are bonding."

"That's my godson." Solace puts her hands on her hips, "Gimmie."

"Bailey, we have some board business that we need to disc—" Hunt gets cut off by the doctor as Jackson makes his way into the room, wrapping his good arm around Solace and pulling her into his chest, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"—I'm not going anywhere. Me and this baby got Bailey business to discuss. Don't we? Yes Mr.Derek Bailey Shepherd."

Solace turns her head to Jackson, pouting, "I wanna hold the baby."

"You'll hold the baby." He reassures her, kissing her cheek before moving to the couch against the wall, pulling her to sit on his lap.

"Wheres Richard?" Derek looks around, seeing everyone present but him.

Hunt shrugs his shoulders, "I paged all the board members."

"Well, what's wrong with you?" Derek gestures to Jacksons arm thats wrapped in a sling.

Solace rolls her eyes, answering for him, "He was an idiot dislocating his arm while trying to play hero during the bus crash."

"Um, I did play hero."

"Not important." Solace waves her hand.

"Kind of important."

Meredith looks around confused, "What bus crash?"

"She had a baby. She doesn't know things." Cristina explains, making Solace and Jackson laugh.

Meredith scoffs, "So tell me."