Pretty Young Thing

"It's horrible

"It's horrible." Meredith complains in the locker room.

Cristina scoffs, "It's the opposite of horrible."

"Alzhemier's or diabetes?"

"If you continue to whine about how you can't decide which groundbreaking medical advancement to put your name on, I'll punch you in the ear." Cristina tells her.

Solace rolls her eyes, "Girls, settle down."

"Ohh, the mother has spoken." Cristina puts her hands up in surrender.

Solace glares at her, but lets it go seconds later when her pager goes off, "Ugh, I have to go." She looks over her shoulder at Meredith, "Choose wisely, my dear friend." She points to Cristina, "Be nice. No hitting."

Solace follows Callie into the Trauma room where Hunt is with the patient, "What do we have here?"

"You really don't want to know." Hunt tells them.

The two doctors share a look, "Oh, I think we really do." Solace says.

"Idiot and his idiot buddies built a human slingshot."

The patient speaks up, "I wasn't supposed to hit the wall. I was supposed to fly over the house and la-land in the pool."

"Why would you do that?" Solace asks him.

Hunt scoffs a laugh, "So they could film it, put it on the internet, and show the world just how stupid they actually are."

"Dude." The guy looks at Hunt, but grunts in pain when Callie presses down on his hips.

"Okay Randy, that must have been like some awesome slingshot because it looks like you've dislocated both hips." Callie tells him, "Now I'm gonna have Dr.Adler here get some x-rays so we can see what we're dealing with."

Solace nods, heading out of the room to order the scans. When they come back, Solace informs Callie of her diagnoses, "Hip dislocation, fractures of his femur, radius ribs, and metacarpals."

"What do you think we should do first?" Callie asks her.

"I would start on reducing the hips."

"Great." Callie nods, "Get him ready for that." Solace nods, leaving the room. Before she can do that though, Callie calls out, "Could you get me a coffee before you do that?"

Solace looks back at her boss, "And deal with the wrath of Arizona and Mark? Yeah right."

Callie whines, "They got to you?"

"Yep." Solace laughs walking out of the room. She might stop and get herself a coffee before going to the patient, but Callie doesn't need to know that.

***

As Solace stands at the nurses station, she hears someone clear their throat from behind her, "Dr.Adler?"