Perfect Storm

Before I start this chapter, I feel the need to speak on some things. Usually I have notes at the end of the chapters, but this is too important to put at the end.

Pro Choice is the only choice.

That is my statement and that should be the only statement.

And let me be explicitly clear. Abortion goes against my religion. It is against my beliefs to get an abortion. I will not ever get one due to these ideals I hold. But any woman out there that feels the need to get an abortion, for any reason, should be allowed to have one. My religion should not dictate how someone else lives their life. Her body, her choice.

I'm not going to argue with people here. There is only one choice and it is pro choice. If you disagree, kindly fuck off. Don't comment about it, I wont hesitate to block you. I've blocked people for less.

Currently, I am really struggling mentally due to the situation going on in this country. I feel drained. I'm exhausted. I'm scared. I'm angry. If you are feeling any or all of these things, know that I am here for you. We will get through this, I'm just saddened we have to refight these fights we've already won.

***

I had this badass professor in med school

I had this badass professor in med school. She seemed invincible. Then one day, she needed her gallbladder out. And the surgery killed her. Her platelets stopped clotting. She bled out on the table. Everything that could've gone wrong...

Did go wrong.

Surgeons have a name for it. We call it a perfect storm.

***

"This is going to be a really bad storm." Solace sighs, looking over the new weather report, "I think it might be safer to be at the hospital."

"And you're not just saying that to come back from maternity leave early?" Jackson questions her over the phone.

Solace rolls her eyes, though, he couldn't see it, "No. My leave is up in a week anyway."

"7 more days to heal."

"I'm all healed Jackson." Solace grumbles, peaking over to the baby monitor and seeing Finn still sleeping. She sighs dramatically, "But fine. I guess me and Finn will just be here during the big bad storm while you're at the hospital. Unable to make it back home."

Jackson is silent on the other end and Solace knows she's got him. After a few more seconds he sighs heavily, "Fine."

Solace laughs, "How was April's surprise?"

"Incredibly nerdy. So, fitting."

"Oh come on, don't be like that! I think it's cute how Matthew proposed." Solace thinks of the plan the EMT had come up with. It was cute. And nerdy.