Puttin' on the Ritz

As anyone who's ever had their tonsils out can tell you, surgery isn't cheap

As anyone who's ever had their tonsils out can tell you, surgery isn't cheap. It takes a lot of money to keep a hospitals doors open. And when the funs run out, it's on us to get out there and raise more. Which means, it's time to put on the makeup. It's time to dress up right. 

And it's time to put on a show.

"Did you just tell me to flirt with pervy old men for money?"

Jackson points at her from where he's tying his tie in the bathroom, "That is not what I just said!"

"Pretty sure that's what you said."

"No." Jackson shakes his head, "I said don't be afraid to put on the charm with our donors."

Solace nods, "Which is code for flirt with pervy old men."

"That is not code for— Solace!" He exclaims as the girl starts laughing loudly. She walks over to him, pulling his hands from the tie and doing it for him. Once he has it straitened out, she gives him a quick kiss before turning around, "Zip me up?"

"I would if I could." He mumbles, talking more about her mouth than her dress, but Solace just rolls her eyes, thanking him when he zips the dress.

As the two reach the venue, Hunt is outside waiting, "I really hope this red carpet is something you just had laying around at home, Avery. We're trying to raise money tonight, not waste it."

"Yeah, we just have red carpets in our hall closet." Solace rolls her eyes, walking ahead of the two men. Her eyes go wide when the doors open and she's greeted with circus performers.

"Oh my god."

Hunt and Jackson walk up behind her, both with the same expression on their faces, "You and I have very different definitions of the word 'conservative.'"

"I think it's awesome!" Solace grins as she makes her way to the fire jugglers.

"Solace we're meant to be getting donors!" Jackson calls after her, but she's too far gone to hear him. He sighs, looking around and wondering what in the world Ari spent his money on.

***

"Meredith Grey as I live n breathe." Cristina jokes as the blonde walks up to her two friends, "I haven't seen you in ages."

"How's maternity leave?" Solace questions.

"We have a deal, I don't work and neither does he." Meredith answers, "Which is..."

"Making you bored out of your mind?" Solace finishes.

Meredith groans, "So bored."

"And now everything is a competition because you both have pent up surgical energy?" Solace asks, "Thats how it was with me and Jackson."

"No." Meredith shakes her head.