That's Me Trying

"Am I early?" Meredith asks, coming into the skills lab, "I tried really hard not to be

"Am I early?" Meredith asks, coming into the skills lab, "I tried really hard not to be."

"That doesn't bode well." Jackson says.

"We did the same thing with Bailey when we were interns." Alex tells Jackson and April, "Take turns treating a dummy, get an early lunch, then get back to work. It's lame."

Solace shrugs, "I like certification day."

Alex scoffs, "Cause you're lame."

Solace pouts when everyone laughs, Jackson looking over to her, "You're not lame." Making the girls smile and stick her tongue out at Alex.

Hunt runs into the lab with ER capes in his hands, "Charter plane was forced into an emergency landing and collided with a greyhound bus. Mass-casualty situation." Everyone stares at him for a moment until he waves them to follow, "Do I need to say it again? Let's move."

Everyone follows him down to the ambulance bay, listening as he describes what they have, "Close to 30 victims in the field, some critical. Multiple blunt trauma injuries."

When they run out the hospital doors, they're met with, 30 dummies scattered around the bay.

Jackson chuckles sarcastically, "And I was so looking forward to an early lunch."

"This is gonna suck." Meredith looks around.

Solace, with a big grin on her face, shakes her hand, "Oh, I love certification day."

Hunt opens up the back of the ambulance that is full with some supplies, "Welcome to trauma certification. You will work in teams of four. Each team will be responsible for nine casualties. You may treat your patients using only what you can carry with your two hands from this ambulance. The evac helicopter is on its way. You get your patients on the helicopter, you get certified. Are you ready?"

Solace looks down, seeing green duct tape on her cape, signifying her team. Looking over, she see's her four friends all have blue. She shrugs, not worried about being on different teams.

"Get to work." Hunt calls, rushing out of the way as the residents run forward, trying to get all the supplies they can. Solace waits, the last one to get supplies, but instead of just grabbing whatever like the majority of her colleagues did, she's articulate when it comes to what she chooses.

"Grey. Adler." Hunt calls over as everyone works on their patients. The girls look up, running over to him. "Congratulations. You're, uh, you're certified. Now can you go inside, and, uh, give Cristina a hand?"

"Well, what did she need? Did she ask for me?" Meredith asks.

"Meredith... Please."

Meredith nods, going inside. Solace turns back to Owen, "I'll stay out here."

Hunt's brows furrow, "You're not going with her?"

"They— Meredith has it." Solace shakes her head, "Meredith can handle it. I'll stay out here."