The Family Anyone Would Rather

SELF HARM WARNING

INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS WARNING

ANXIETY ATTACK? WARNING

HOLY FUCK THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST SENSITIVE THINGS IVE DONE IN A LONG WHILE

INSPIRED BY: REAL EVENTS (AND WHAT THAT PERSON WISHED HAPPENED)

VENT WARNING

IT HAS A MAINLY FLUFFY ENDING

BUT ITS REALLY HORRID IG

Plot: Wilbur is having a really bad day but his family is there for him

~~~~~~~~~~

It was no unknown factor that Wilbur's life was defined by suffering. It just depended on days where he would suffer more or less. Today was one of those days. A day where his brain would crowd his thinking with unhelpful thoughts and stupid ideas.

He could breathe perfectly fine, but he felt so trapped, as if his thoughts were confining him in a cupboard, he barely fit in. He flexed his hands, balling them into fists and then releasing them at a stressing speed.

His fingers travelled into his hair, and he pulled at the strands, knocking his knuckles against his skull occasionally. He hummed and choked on his contained sobs. His family was home, and he did not want to disturb him with his own overflowing mind.

He needed an out, an easy and simple out. His eyes fluttered to the scissors on his desk, and he freed his hands from his hair to reach the 'safe' blades. He squeezed his hand around them, fingers bunched in the middle of the two twin blades that made the scissors.

It was not sharp enough to dig far into his skin, leaving only dents as he lifted his leg. He pulled the sock down from his left heel, those small scars barely accessible in his vision. Although he was not crying, his eyes were blurry, and he pushed the sharper end into the side of his foot.

It hurt but what he missed most was the stinging. Oh that stinging, when he lay down the night after, when he wore his shoes for school the next day, when he were to shower. All of it. Even those phantom pains he had once he started healing himself.

The record was broken as the blade glided across his skin with pressure and intensity that made his skin cells hiss. He paused and glanced down at the wound, it was reddened and sore. He wanted blood.

So he continued and continued and continued until the blade threatened to stain with his blood. He wiped it off with his thumb and watched the blood begin to spread. He heard a knock at his door and quickly pulled his sock back up and threw his scissors into his draw.

Wilbur muttered a come in and his older brother entered. Techno. Wilbur commanded a subtle glare, asking what the fuck the eldest was doing in his room. Techno shrugged and wandered over to his bed sitting.

"Leaveee," Wilbur asked. Techno didn't though.

"Are you okay?" Techno's subtle words signalled the fact that Wilbur hadn't hidden something enough. Tears sparked into the brunettes eyes, his brain melting at the factor of his older brother asking how he was. Techno noticed and pulled Wilbur onto the bed.

"Shh," Techno rubbed his brother's back gently. "It's okay, it's okay. What happened?"

"I-I-I-" Wilbur sobbed and coughed into his brother's shirt. "I did... did... did it... again," Wilbur cringed at his confession and his brain only grew louder and suffocating again. There was apparently nothing fun about hurting yourself and telling someone five second later.

"Hey, it's okay, shshsh," Techno wriggled further onto the bed pulling Wilbur with him. "It's okay, it's okay." The pinkette repeated words of comfort softly, rubbing Wilbur's back each time he spoke. Wilbur's mind was racing one hundred miles a second and he couldn't keep up with it all.

He squeezed his eyes shut and sobbed, trying to force them to go away. "Hey," Techno pulled back to look at him and Wilbur barely opened one of his eyes. "What's wrong? Are they saying bad shit? Can I help?"

Wilbur shook his head as he curled closer to his brother and Techno squeezed him closer to his body. "I won't let go, don't worry," Techno hummed softly. "You're safe, you're safe, just breathe." Wilbur inhaled shakily and his body felt weak.

He drowsily lifted his head and opened his eyes, glancing at the doorway where he noticed the other two family members had started walking inside. But Wilbur was tired now. Techno encouraged the two blondes to hop on the bed, but softly and quietly.

Wilbur could hear the ringing, the distance of his family's voices. But thankfully the thoughts were drifting away now too. He closed his eyes which had been struggling against his heavy eyelids and tunnel vision.

Techno pulled Wilbur's body into a more comfortable position, preparing for the brunette to faint. Phil had grabbed one of Wilbur's hands and rubbed the back of it with his thumb. Tommy had curled up into the brunette and Wilbur lazily lay an arm around him. He blacked out quickly after that.

But he knew he'd wake up and they'd still be there

Ready for anything he needed

Always eager and comforting

His family

The best one out there

~~~~~~~~~~

this one was shorrtt

but it was pretty full on lmaoo-

ngl im quite unsure what is happening to my body atm (ive been experiencing nausea, fevers, dizzy spells and exhaustion) and its slightly worrying but tbh ive never been that of a problematic child

my mental health has taken a decline once again and i only just learnt the other day that it takes aproximately 6 months to recover from liver failure which kinda sucks and seems to difficult to struggle through lmao

otherwise ive got one more oneshot lined up for whenever i think is a reasonable time to publish eheh

hope you are all doing well and if yall wanna talk im here <3

have a good day/night <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333